Timber profiles for window frames

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
A friend has moved into a house which needs lots of attention to the
timber windows (1920's), and he would like to retain the originals
rather than replacing. I imagine some will need replacement timber
members.

I didn't make a note of the timber profiles (I'll look next time
I'm there), but is it easy to buy timber already profiled to make
frames (the openers, at least)? Are they reasonably standard, or
all different?

A google search is difficult to separate out thousands of replacement
wooden windows, although there was one place in Manchester which
kept coming up which does some timber profiles. Somewhere in or
around London would be good if anyone knows of a stockist.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Re: Timber profiles for window frames

In Edinburgh, where most old houses have sash and case windows, virtually
every moulding is available or easily made - big market here.

Re: Timber profiles for window frames
Any decent timber merchant should stock the typical joinery profiles for
that particular area.

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread

Site Timeline