Stopping leak from loo flush pipe

I've got a "back to the wall" loo which backs-up to a stud wall containing the cistern. I can just get to the joint where the flush pipe goes into a plastic adapter in the porcelain, the (slight) leak is from where the pipe goes into the adapter.

Is there an easy way to fix this without removing the loo and re-doing the joint from scratch? Maybe some mastic that will set in a slightly damp environment?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Ordinary silicone sealant. Turn off the water and flush to drain the cistern and let everything dry out completely and then put a thick smear of silicone round the joint. Let that set for several hours until it's firm to the touch before using the loo again.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Fernox LS-X can be applied to wet surfaces. Otherwise it's just like regular silicone.

Reply to
LSR

Thanks Dave, I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. I've tried it and now waiting for the silicone to cure.

Reply to
NoSpam

thanks, that's worth knowing about - filed away for future use. I managed to get the joint dry so hopefully the regular silicone will work.

Reply to
NoSpam