Sash Windows #2

Howdy folks, new thread as the last one was getting a bit cumbersome

Anyone recommend a source for replacement 'pulleys' for sash windows. In one of mine the brass? circular pulley has disappeared (presumably into the bottom of the sash casing) although the brass plate it was part of, is still there.

So what I'm after I would imagine is a replacement surround and pulley

- it looks like the 'plate' which hosts the pulley has two screws, suggesting it should (once the paint is removed) come out whole.

Mark Watson

windows.

(presumably

pulley

70384 £1.15 each

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

or

you want a link to it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Brass? Surprising. Perhaps you've something of quality. Anyway,

will get you somewhere. Don't go for "brass plated" under any circumstances (I am not suggesting Mighton do these, haven't looked for some time). Remember, these windows do last for some time - a trivial few £ for good stuff is well spent.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Any architectural ironmonger.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Perfect. Not many architectural ironmongers in this neck to the wood, so online is perfect.

Mark Watson

Well, what should happen in this world of co-incidence, but that the Mighton catalogue drops through my letter- box this a.m. Sash pulleys: brass faceplate, brass wheel: £2.87 (1-99 No.); brass plate, nylon wheel at £2.2 (1-99 No.) (1 3/4" wheels). Also on-line.

Reply to
Chris Bacon