Removing sash windows

I'm going to remove my sash windows for stripping and repainting. After ingesting a few pounds of lead vapour and dust and taking the rest down the tip, should I use Acrylic Paint (i.e. Glidden Acrylic Gloss w. Primecoat Acrylic Undercoat) or Microporous (i.e. International Ranch Paint Exterior Gloss).

I'm inclined for the Acrylic for many reasons. Environmental (lower VOC rating), drying time (security implications as windows will be removed), easier application (I find water based much easier than solvent paints).

However, if the Acrylic won't last as long as the microporous, I might be able to overcome the problems.

I'm not too bothered by the glossiness of the finish. Cost is not an issue. At least it is an issue and I value my time very highly, so recovering every

2-3 years with cheap paint is not an option. I want pure white and I want it to stay white.

Any guesses as to which is best?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle