Sash windows stops

Anyone know a reasonable supplier of sash windows stops? I'm after the simple ones which screw a removable bolt into the frame, allowing free movement up to that bolt. Had them in my last house, noone seems to sell them anymore.

TIA

John

Reply to
Haslitt

Mighton ventlock?

Christian McArdle

I made some... take some timber that fits between the parting and sash bead, cut a groove part way through it for the sash cord to run in, saw off the "horns" on one side only, smooth off the job, pull sash cord inwards, slide in timber "stop".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Or Ironmongery Direct do the ones you probably have already

security/window security

Reply to
Bob Mannix

In article , Bob Mannix writes

Wow, that's expensive, had thought of making some up/ having some made up and at that sort of price it's probably worthwhile. They do look nicely made though and I think the ones with 'wings' are more secure than ones that just fit in a hole.

Reply to
fred

I'm amazed. Last time I looked there were several different makes in the sheds. Are you in a town where sash windows are rare?

I might even have some new ones lying around if you're stuck.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I got mine from GCD (The alarm people)...

Hamie

Lobster