What thread for UK Scaffolding?

Hi all;

Whats the thread used on scaffolding couplings?

I have a 1/2" BSW tap that seems to run in the nuts but suspect it may be 12m? As this is somewhat easier than I think it should be.

I have many coupling that need a nut die down them to clean my stock up with.

Regards Ian

Reply to
ipellew

I dont know the answer, but if you have a tap, put it alongside one of the bolts and see whether the threads interlock. 1/2" Whitworth has 12 threads per inch whereas 12mm has approx 14.5 - so if the thread on the bolt is a bit finer than the tap, it may well be 12mm.

Reply to
Set Square