Quiz - down lights and that extension

What lamp is going in the downlights RO60s? ;-)

All the relaxing ambience of a motorway services..

No wall socket or floor circuits for table lamps?

Don`t need to go full Lutron building management but gotta think a scene setting panel and remote dimmers would have been easier to fit.

No reading the paper on the throne for too long then ;-)

Is there an additional award for guessing amount of cable going in, guess your going to go north of 3km total

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

It will be all dimmable lighting. I WOULD have used Lutron if it was my house.

The bit that gets me is that the ensuite's are not having doors fitted between them and the bedroom!

As for the amount of cable. Now that is a good one. Are we talking just T&E? That's already passed the 5km mark and Bed 2 and 3 still need wiring up.

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

Hotels might have a few km of cable. We are talking of a house and you're saying you have already used 50 reels of T&E?

I wonder how much of that has gone on foreigners? Certainly the house needed a fraction of that amount.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Not immigration again?

Reply to
MrCheerful

50 rolls if you include the 3 core and earth.

All outside lights are radials back to the garage [1], that used a fair bit.

Radial circuits for two pumps, 2 fridgefreezers, 2 dishwashers, coffee machine, 2 ovens, microwave, quooker tap, hob.

A radial for every room stat - this is UFH with separate stats for every room and don't forget that there are 5 ensuites and 5 dressing rooms) plus all the wiring from the manifolds back to the boiler.

[1] Apart from the two lights on the master bedroom balcony but even they used up over 20m from the bedroom switch to the lights.
Reply to
ARW

Only one switch? Most people with large bedrooms like switches by the bed and the door(s).

Maybe he has forgotten to ask?

Reply to
dennis

There is one switch for the two balcony lights. The other gangs of that switch will do the rest of the lights in the bedroom and some will be two wayed to the side of the bed.

So 20m of cable from the lightswitch to the outside lights.

Reply to
ARW