Plant torture

Is it ok to saw a plant in half so I get two? Yes I know it's out of focus, I didn't check it before potting the plants, I dunno what the camera focused on, but I can't see it in the picture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ite4os19jhovnxl/Cut%20plant.JPG?dl=0

Depends on the plant. Some don't care, others do.

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 17:41:35 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I should think that would be fine.
Strange way to carry on. Cannot see picture but often plants can be unpootted the roots divided and replanted separately. Depends very much on the plant. A visit to your local library, identify the plant and do as the book of words advises. Brian
--
----- -
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 09:59:27 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

Do they still have local library's Brian and do people still actually use them (other than for a warm up or to get on the Internet)?
I don't think I've been in a library more than a few times in my life (and even then they didn't have the workshop manuals I wanted) and not at all since I had access to the Internet! ;-)
Cheers, T i m
"T i m" wrote in message wrote:

Yes they still do have local libraries, or maybe you think that every local library has a Brian.
On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:41:26 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"

Yes - its fine - you need to do it with a horizontal cut straight into two - one of them green - the other one dirty like earth.

Not sure what you mean by that. I cut straight down through the middle.
--
In the event that all else has failed, and it seems tempting to actually read the instructions, don't panic: Get a bigger hammer!

On Monday, 28 November 2016 19:12:51 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
ote:

focus, I didn't check it before potting the plants, I dunno what the camera focused on, but I can't see it in the picture.

two -

read the instructions, don't panic: Get a bigger hammer!
You should wet the pot and then turn it upsid down so it falls out but catc h it on the slide then just pull it apart as many pieces as toy want. Do yo u know it will survive a cold winter in a pot. Putting it in the ground und er a little much might offer better frost proofing.

It's an indoor plant, frost isn't a problem.
--
A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a body.

Bugger : just made similar post - and then read yours.

Er.... horizontally would give me some roots and a plant with no roots.
--
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'Edit, Undo.'

I didn't see his, I think he's killfiled.
--
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'Edit, Undo.'