lights that lower

We are looking for lights that could be mounted between the ceiling joists in the basement, but that could also be pulled down so that the light bulb is below the joists for more light. Are there any contraptions like that on the market? Thx.

Reply to
Jenn

Try searching for "adjustable chandelier" or "adjustable pendant"

Good luck.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

These terms usually describe fairly large dining table lamps, that let you position them high or low. A basement workshop may be better served by an "inspection lamp" that can be hung on any of several well-placed hooks.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

My parents had one of those in their place when they moved in - some old

70s thing. The spring mechanism had gradually worn, such that it would no longer retract right back up to full height. Useless thing.

In a basement, I'd just put the lighting on the wall I think.

Reply to
Jules

Just paint the are between the joists white and use a bigger light bulb (s).

Joe

Reply to
Joe

4 pulleys, one on each end of the stripline fluourescent fixture and one at each end fastened to the ceiling directly above the fixture. 2 ropes/cords attached to the ceiling above the fixture looping down thru the fixture pulleys and then back up thru the ceiling pulleys. 2 cleats to wrap the cords around. For every 2 feet you pull thru the pulleys, the fixture goes up 1 foot. You could also use just 2 pulleys in the ceiling and run the cords directly thru the pulleys from the fixture, then you get a 1 to 1 raise for pulling on the cord. Didn't you ever take any high schol basic science courses?
Reply to
hrhofmann

Lots of them. Try looking for a parts list to any chandelier with such an arrangement. Then order just the stretching parts. I use Sears parts lists online for a lot of things like that.

Twayne

Reply to
news.eternal-september.org

I have several basement shoplights hanging on chains where the height can be easily adjusted. The shoplights with the larger reflector will give you more light.

Reply to
Phisherman