Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

Addison's disease.

Reply to
polygonum

/Addison's disease. /q

Possibly if the sufferer was in crisis, but one would hopeninitial triage would spot the rather obvious symptoms anyway...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

That was the point I was making.

Reply to
Nightjar

I don't think apart from carrying something All the time Dave there is a fool proof answer for this. If it was juts a case of using One number somewhere then perhaps your NHS number could be checked by the attending officers and all that info will be available to them over the secure DATA networks they use ..

But until you can carry something ALL the time and thats not that easy, then some sort of tattoo type marking and all that infers might be the only way to go ...

Course that could be put somewhere quite discreet ..

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

I feel that you are all making some rather good points to having a single national identity number and have this tattooed onto a number of parts of the body. Maybe a barcode on the forehead is not such a bad idea. This could then be used instead of credit cards, Oyster cards etc. It would make for a far more free society and aid us all.

And we thought of it here first. Didn't we???

Reply to
Bill

You can hope, but having seen someone very close to me in an adrenal crisis, though short of a full-blown Addisonian crisis, neither ambulance crew nor A&E recognised nor understood. Luckily her issue was transient.

What do you consider the obvious symptoms?

Reply to
polygonum

A capsule is likely to be with me all the time, wallet or phone are not always taken but usually are.

If they have working data link, I wouldn't like to say they have around here. Bit of paper in a capsule, card in wallet are going to be pretty reliable, phone's lock screen ought to be reasonable as well. Anything that relies on a connection to elsewhere cannot be trusted.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

/You can hope, but having seen someone very close to me in an adrenal crisis, though short of a full-blown Addisonian crisis, neither ambulance crew nor A&E recognised nor understood. Luckily her issue was transient. /q

Indeed. Good for her.

What % of crisis situations end up in death within 24/48 hours though? I.e. what's the real risk here?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Its unlikely that anyone will be carefully looking for it there tho.

Makes a lot more sense to have the data in multiple places so that its likely to be found by anyone looking in the obvious places like the wallet and phone and to have it on bracelet etc that is always worn as well and which is unlikely to be stolen when its just some simple and robust plastic thing like the hospitals etc use themselves.

Reply to
john james

When I called an ambulance to a woman who had collapsed in the street, I had to guide them in by phone, as their sat nave wasn't working.

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm willing to reluctantly hand over my credit cards to a mugger. I'm less willing to part with my head.

Also chip and pin readers are unhygienic enough with fingers. I don't want to put my face close to a device already sneezed over by hundreds of others.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Even if sat nav is working most units plonk our (full) postcode in the middle of a field half a mile away. Of the five delivery points in our postcode we are the nearest to the sat nav spot and at least visble from it, a couple of the others aren't. Still there is a database somewhere that the emergency services have (not sure if it's Ambulance or Fire or both) that contains a proper description of our location.

And as it takes an ambulance at least an hour to reach a major hospital from here (that's after the hour to get in) we are far more likely to be flagging down a GNAAS helicopter than an NWAS ambulance.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) fire certainly have access to it, would be surprised if ambulance don't, but unless your premises have a risk assessment your data is unlikely to be on the truck ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

On 01/03/2015 21:47, Bill wrote: ...

You are not familiar with 47 in the Hitman games then?

Reply to
Nightjar

Well perhaps a ring or something with a number coded thereon.

An emergency number that can be called in and info given either verbally or by a data link. Course it would have to be co-ordinated but something like a finger ring is far less likely to be left at home, forgotten about, less bother than a bracelet perhaps a distinctive look about it that all ambulance personnel would look out for?.

And before anyone sez theres somewhere around 60 million in the UK and thats a big number, I expect the actual numbers of persons affected might well be in the few hundred thousand or similar....

Else it -is- a chip up the arse!!

Reply to
tony sayer

Well Airwave IIRC is supposed to be available everywhere in the UK;!?...

Reply to
tony sayer

As opposed to on the shoulder?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I wouldn?t expect too many would try looking there.

That doesn?t work with Dave's requirement to be viable where there isn't even a reliable mobile service.

Course it would have to be co-ordinated but something

Trouble is that that approach would require the education of the ambulance personnel and wouldn?t work for the general public. He has said that he is a full hour from an ambulance showing up and it may well be a member of the general public that will be calling it in so the chopper can show up if it?s a serious problem.

Makes more sense to make it viable for the entire NHS database.

That's not going to work, you'll shit it out too quickly.

Microchipped like animals are isn't likely to be very acceptable to many.

Reply to
john james

Bet it isn't in practice. In fact it failed during the riots.

Reply to
john james

In article , john james scribeth thus

Do you have any further on that or was it simply overloaded?.

Reply to
tony sayer