Mother/daughter house plans ?

Looking for a source, online or retail, for a book of home/floor plans with at least a solid section of mother/daughter houses. BM & Amazon have nothing appropriate. Google turned up nothing. At some point I'll work with an architect but for now I'm just looking for some preliminary ideas. TIA

Reply to
NickySantoro

OK, I'll bite. What's a M/D house? Looking for some with with two master bedrooms or such? Depending on the M/d relationship, a duplex might be ideal. Or two homes separated by the required distance?

Reply to
Leroy

One bedroom, double shower, webcams everywhere - who needs an architect?

Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

;0)

Basically, a single family house with separate kitchen, bathroom, and entrance, for the daughter/son or mother/father. It is different than a two family house in that it complies with the single family occupancy zoning laws and no special permit is needed, as long as the occupants are related.

Reply to
willshak

What in the world is a mother/daughter house? Why would it be any different that a regular house?

Does it come with toilets that you can't lift the seat?

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

A humorous response to a vague request does not merit that kind of filth. Do you kiss your mother/daughter with that mouth?

Reply to
Mamba

Ahhhh. OK.

Around here, (Portland, Oregon) thats called an "in-law house", or "in-law apartment".

Raises some interesting zoning issues with our local planning soviet.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

How would you like to be the poor architech that will have to deal with this witch? Lou

Reply to
Lou

On Tue 22 Jan 2008 07:09:29p, Dr. Hardcrab told us...

No it comes with 2 toilets that you can't lift the seat and they are side by side.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright