OT: I don't BELIEVE it!

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

When I was paper boy, I would quite often get the papers out of sync.

I was so used to the round I would be doing it on semi auto pilot. Ok until someone had their paper cancelled and I didn't notice until few (or more ) deliveries on. I'd ahev to go back and try to retrieve the missing papers and get them right.

Reply to
chris French

Yes but they don't seem funny any more ... :-(

Some is excellent.

Perhaps you should explain that hard word for your readers ... :-)

Hurah!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Personally I admire someone who has Ying tong iddle-i po! after their sig line. My kind of person.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I prefer none advertisment sig or are you not classed as a spammer on here?

Reply to
George

From the FAQ; "Company representatives may mention their products, services or websites in the signature of their replies to questions but signatures longer than four 75-character lines will be considered abuse."

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Agreed, although not a grandparent.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Anyone else spot the comedy here?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

This has been annoying me for several years now

and I've just put the original record (unchained melodies) on and checked to make sure ...

It's "Ying tong niddle I po"

Reply to
geoff

'Yew dirty swine, Yew!'

Reply to
JonH

If you Google for "Ying tong niddle I po" it asks if you meant "Ying tong iddle I po".

Bluebottle & Spriggs: Ying tong ying tong Ying tong ying tong Ying tong iddle I po, Ying tong ying tong Ying tong ying tong [Bluebottle drops behind] Ying tong iddle I po.

So there :-)

He's fallen in the water...............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

I've just played the record, to make sure I'm right

it's "niddle"

who ever heard of "iddle", what does it mean ?

nothing !

BTW - that completely stuffed my spell checker I'll have you know

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Looking up the words online it claims that it's "yiddle"

I still reckon it's "niddle"

"iddle" and Yiddle" don't scan as well as "niddle"

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, such precision and attention to detail indeed. What a man!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, of couse. Of course.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, it is clearly you know niddles from your iddles. Fantastic indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You turn the knob on your side.......

Reply to