Lidl again!

A conseseiur Messieurs.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

FWIW, I was a member of "-" Fine Wine Society, for a number of years. There are people who are "wine snobs" and people who know a thing or two. From tastings, talks, etc. I've formed my own opinion. You can certainly get a decent bottle of wine for less than a fiver; Aldi have one that I buy when I'm there at £2.5. They also had some good stuff at a tenner. There's stuff that's not to my taste in between, and above those prices. I buy good wine where I can get it at the best price. You can tell snobs a mile away - give 'em a bottle of something at £20, get a speaker to tell 'em how most people think it's excellent. Watch the nods. When he tells them why it's not, and see them agree again! Baaaa!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Not really. Go read the reviews. Morrisons have a well known policy of going around the suppliers and buying product a grade down from Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose etc....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Apparently so. How many bottles so far this evening?

Don't forget that you have to be up early in the morning, on the counter and selling those cylinders.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What do you expect from Little Middle England.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You made all that up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Cylinders full of wine?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not cylinders Andy, TANKS. :-) He narrowly missed his sales target today but we are getting some razor wire for the bog seat to stop him spending too long leaflet reading.

Off to bed Drivel and no wet dreams about Japanese combi's

Reply to
Matt

The M1 tank? The T34 tank?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Fast recovery?

What's the Range rep offering at the moment? An anorak or cinema tickets?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Range rep? Is this a range finder to fast recovery the loading of the tank?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah so obviously the Albion rep is giving better bunce this month.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Name please (its for the wife...) Geo

Reply to
Geo

I went to Portsmouth about a month ago and our daughter said she wanted one of those taps that has a shower attachment on the top. You can switch a tap between bath and shower and it looks much like an old fashioned telephone in its cradle. We went into Homebase, in Farlington, and I spotted one in their sale at

5 pounds. It was minus the shower head wall mounting attachment, but even when she bought a new shower head to match the buy and spew wall mount, she still did not spend over 15 pounds. This was after Homebase offered her 5% off the purchase price :-)

I went down there last weekend and fitted it to her bath (another, very different story) and she is delighted.

Dave

ps

I live in the North West on England, so 40 quids worth of diesel still made it a cheap job.

Reply to
Dave

Hm. For the wife - maybe. For anyone else - maybe. Not to everyone's taste, for some will not countenance a sweet wine (fashion!) but:

Niersteiner Gutes Domtal QmP Spätlese 2003

Go to

press "Award Winning Wines", & it's second down on the right, at £2.49, currently.

There's no need to freeze it, as some do with all the wines they buy, regardless. Chilled is fine. Very ripe and floral.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

More about suitability for types of food (and taste combination) rather than fashion surely?

Generally sweet wines seem to be limited to certain dessert purposes or in some cases with particularly rich things such as foie gras.

Reply to
Andy Hall