Lidl again

That awfully clever car battery charger is on offer again this Thursday for 12.99. It's just about small enough to fit in a pocket but punches well above its weight. About 4 amps output. Does pulse charging to try and recover a badly discharged battery. Goes to maintenance mode after charging. Similar costs over 40 quid elsewhere.

The max output seems low on paper but in practice it charges a battery fully as fast as many of over twice the nominal output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I missed those the last time. Thanks for heads up.

Reply to
BigWallop

Found it

again.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks again.

And I think I know what else I'm getting for Christmas

I don't know who is going to be buying it for me yet. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

You might have to get there early for one of those. This sort of thing sometimes has limited supplies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Heh. If I hadn't just bought 2 of similar spec from Argos for £25 each I'd be up for one too! (Only downside of the Aggros one is that the SD card slot is conveniently placed behind the fold-down fascia ... right behind the hinge-line, so you have to _remove_ the fascia to change the card!

Oh and the Argos one doesn't have a remote ... which is a plus IMO :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

This might be an alternative - don't know if it's any good though

pjlusenet

The Sony one I put in my van 18 months ago won't mute ot change station now. Don't spose they make anything that simple now.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try an auto scrapyard. I bought one a couple of months back (for replacement dials) only cost a couple of quid.

Don.

Reply to
Don

Problem is the vast majority are made for new cars and few would want one without those. So due to economies of scale a radio only might just cost more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Participating Blaupunkt dealers used to offer a supply of refurbished versions of earlier ICE units. I don't know if they still do them, but about 3 years ago I obtained a simple Blaupunkt AM/FM radio with a six month warranty for about £35. Reception was excellent.

Reply to
Bruce

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

Ooh, ta for that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ford ones are good - I've got one in my Tranny and it does the RDS (or whatever it's called) thing properly - we're in a crap FM reception area with 2 or 3 different frequencies which you've got to jump between when driving about, and it just does it seamlessly. I think it's got a cassette player but I don't bother with that. (The radio I bought with the USB MP3 player is part of my portable for work when I've got a long relatively boring job in one place where I'd like to be able to play my own music from a memory stick when there's nothing good on the radio. There's also one in the family car for long journeys.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Popped into the Luton Lidl on the way past Luton this morning. Only had two left with packaging and instructions separated. Good news is they were reduced to £5.99, so I bought them. (I don't think the reduction was related to the opened boxes.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Real bargain then - hope you bought them both. ;-) The instructions are available online.

Without the instructions the only thing that might confuse is the motor bike emblem refers to the lower charge rate rather than 6 volts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Send me one, I'll send you a tenner ...

Reply to
geoff

Looks like there are about 3 Lidl's quite close to Watford.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Still a couple of dozen chargers left in one of the Leicester ones.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably about a dozen in the Camberley store today. Still at 12.99.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel