How much to buy and fix this sign?

Thanks.

(it's OK, I know where my coat is) :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

As the Geordie driver told me, when he bent our gate post coming into the yard. "It's alright mate. I'll bend it straight on my way out." It made me laugh so much, I let him off with it. :-)

How the hell do you bend something straight? LOL

Reply to
BigWallop

I'll ask No:1 daughter & let you know.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In the case presented by the OP it doesn't look as if the paramedics would have far to walk. I've seen longer gardens.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

TROLL

Go away rude nasty man

Reply to
Tommy

Had you a few drinks between posts to get you so much angrier about the same subject?

TROLL

Reply to
Tommy

The security barrier itself should have hazard reflective tape applied on both sides.

Steve so MANY posts on the same subject and ALL so different

Tell me why ONE STEVE FIRTH has so many different POVs?

Could it be there are many - You know the ones - the Richmond living, Camden, Manchester, Yourk and the just outside Alton guy, the young guy, the middle aged one and the one retired with a home in switzerland and Italy

Oh bless I think the TROLL has dementia :)

Reply to
Tommy

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Does anyone else think that the "Security Post" sign looks like it's been PhotoShopped into the photograph?

Reply to
gustavfenk

On Sun 23 Nov08 20:21, geoff wrote in :

Hello Geoff, I can confirm that the maintenance company is run by the residents. As one of two offciers of the company I am part responsible for the maintenance. I am also a resident. The officers of the company, such as myself, do their work for free.

The DIY aspect, and I am sure you must know this, is what it would involve to do this ourselves. We would need to know what the materials and labour cost separately. I won't bore you with further details of how the previous situation came about nor how the current expenditureis partly out of our hands but I suspect you will fret over conclusions which are incorrect.

Rather than fret over these things, if you can't contribute and you don't want to read this thread then why not skip over it?

There's really no obligation on your part to read the thread nor to get upset about it. Honestly, if you don't want to contribute then I won't complain.

You have already asked "who gives a toss?" yet it seems this thread does make you give a toss. I'm sorry if it has somehow got to you.

Reply to
EssG

On Sun 23 Nov08 20:41, Steve Firth wrote in :

Seconded.

Reply to
EssG

If you read back to the OP's earlier postings you will see he says this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "In fact, "security post" refers to a parking post. I've painted it in yellow in the second link. The actual post will be be one of these:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you look closely at the earlier picture and enlarge it you will see the existing post lying down ( It must have been tired at the time ) .The yellow is to emphasise where it is.

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Here's a closer pic. It's real!

EssG

Yeh, go on then, I'll bite ...... why would the OP want to 'Photoshop' a sign into the picture??? Some Conspiracy Theory no doubt?? Dave

Reply to
Dave

Because newsgroups are created for a purpose and are name and structured in an attempt to make it obvious what the main subject of discussion would be,

No one's getting upset and your attempts to make out that anyone who points out that your inappropriately cross-posted message is irrelevant to the majority of groups where it is posted is "upset" is pointless and stupid. One or two individuals have tried to guide you into observing netiquette. However you appear to have the hide of a rhino and all you are interested in is "me me me me".

Get a clue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I hope the breakdown I gave you from my wifes company POV helps. At least you can use it to negotiate a better price.

Reply to
Conor

Reply to
Steve Firth

The fire brigade aka 'Trumpton' or 'the water fairies' do apparently knock them over, the front bumpers being reinforced for that very purpose - and nudging stupidly parked vehicles out of the way. The ambulance service don't, they wouldn't risk the truck being out of service. Some of the crews have obtained 'fire keys' which open some of them, but they are not provided by the ambulance service.

In such a situation they would either try to find another way in or the attender would leg it to the job carrying the first response bag whilst the driver gets the truck in closer.

Delay either way.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've got sod all work at the moment so got to make sure I keep her going.

:)

Reply to
Conor

Bum, what happened? I thought there was a national shortage of drivers?

Syrup of figs?

Indeed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Mon 24 Nov08 13:13, Dave wrote in :

Hey you! They're my pics. :-)

I can see how the pic of the shiny sign looks out of place to Gustav.

One of the pics I took used flash and the reflective sign really stood out. Looked unreal.

Reply to
EssG