How much to buy and fix this sign?

..

the correct signage would be to the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions diagram 562

a sign, similar to diagram 563, saying something like 'Traffic Barrier'

Budget permitting, I would supplement that with a 'No Entry' sign, with a plate below it stating 'Except Residents'

Key Industrial Equipment supply the warning triangle for £95.50 plus VAT and carriage

is, however, to full road traffic specifications. You can get industrial grade reflective signs, which are usually cheaper.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Your wife is a navvy? Colour me unsurprised.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm pissing myself laughing at her. She seems unable to perform addition.

Reply to
Steve Firth

£22 + 170% or £22 x 270% £59.40
Reply to
fictitiousemail

Uh huh, now refer back to my earlier post where I mentioned that it would need three signs on the same post.

FFS, what is this "morons' outing day"?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well that's obviously why you tagged along ....If you weren't a moron yourself you would have said something about that in your ignorant reply .

Reply to
fictitiousemail

They can drive over a post like that without any problems. My daughter watched an artic flatten a Rhino post without the driver even noticing.

Reply to
dennis

And anyway the original post was the cost of that one sign

Reply to
fictitiousemail

I wouldn't invite you lot to a party.

A pissing contest, however ...

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Consumption of enough tea to float the QE2, and enough bacon rolls to sink= =20 the QE2.

--=20 Halmyre

That's you that is.

Reply to
Halmyre

In message , EssG writes

Well, I am

but I would get a few quotes in rather than ask a group of people who are unlikely to give you the info you require, being dependent on your local circumstances

It's academic what anyone here says, you'll still have to pay someone the fee that they expect for doing it

Reply to
geoff

or d.i.y

Reply to
geoff

On seeing the original sign in isolation, it did not even occur to me that it might be a warning sign, and certainly not one warning me of an obstruction or bollard.

So as it stands I would say it is worse than useless and actually misleading.

Indeed.

Reply to
John Rumm

How about sticking the sign on the actual bollard - something simple like "Caution" or "Residents only" - most drivers would be able to work out that driving over a post with a sign on it would not be good. That also has the advantage that once lowered the sign has gone as well - hence people won't be looking about trying to work out what it refers to.

Reply to
John Rumm

Or, just bung the local councillor a few notes to 'push things through' as most folk do. Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've got a sign on my desk that reads "You don't have to be mad to work here" and it's written in my own shit. :-) lol

Reply to
BigWallop

On 23 Nov 2008, Owain wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posted.plusnet:

On that web page I saw this:

"In Manchester last month similar devices tore through a woman's car, narrowly missing her nine-month-old daughter"

Yeah. The bollard didn't just jump up out of nowhere. The driver was probably some irresponsible mother taking a dangerous chance, while her daughter was on board, to illegally enter a street by going over a rising bollard.

What does she expect?

Reply to
grouser 2

On Sun 23 Nov08 12:24, Dave Liquorice wrote in :

I think you put it well when you say "it is directing strangers onto the obstruction".

That tended to be my point of view too. However when I put it to one of the people who had been involved with commissioning the sign, they seemed surprised at the very notion.

I figured they and I were seeing it so differently that the views here give a useful sample of how complete strangers might read the sign.

Reply to
EssG

On 23 Nov 2008, geoff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com:

The issue may be ... what estimated cost does the OP accept as reasonable and what estimated cost does he decline and carry on looking.

Reply to
betho

WHAT A LOAD OF STUPID BULLSH*T !!! Dave

Reply to