How much to buy and fix this sign?

WHAT A LOAD OF STUPID BULLSH*T !!! Dave

Indeed. My missuses firm will work with whatever format you send them in. Hell, the sign software they use even lets them extrapolate the size from a photo.
--
Conor

Dave wrote:

Whoosh.....
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Seems very cheap to me !!
EssG wrote:

========================Wife works at sign making company. She reckons:
a) About 100-120 b) No more than 2hrs labour to dig out the old one and put in the new one plus abuot 3 for pole cement.
--
Conor

"Some of you may be anxious about finding a new job, or a new place to

Each sign plate costs about 100. For the warning required the sign probably needs the hazard triangle showing an exclamation mark and a description of the hazard "Obstruction in Road" and possibly a "Private Road" sign in green with white writing. Add a post and the cost of installation and I'd be surprised to see change from 500.
The security barrier itself should have hazard reflective tape applied on both sides.
Steve Firth wrote:

My missus is pissing herself laughing at you.
The metal plates cost 15 including the channelling on the back from a company called ADP Metals. There's about 5 worth of reflective background and lettering. 1 each for the retaining bolts that go into the channeling on the sign. So to do each sign, it costs the sign company around 22 in materials plus 10 minutes labour to put the reflective backing and lettering on the plate. Add 170% markup which her company does to get the sale price (270% of the cost of the materials) and you have 60p change out of 60. 20 tops for a pole and an hours labour for an oik to install it.
If you're paying 500 for that, they're taking you for a mug.
--
Conor

"Some of you may be anxious about finding a new job, or a new place to

I'm pissing myself laughing at her. She seems unable to perform addition.
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:54:57 +0000, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

22 + 170% or 22 x 270% 59.40

Uh huh, now refer back to my earlier post where I mentioned that it would need three signs on the same post.
FFS, what is this "morons' outing day"?
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:13:12 +0000, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

Well that's obviously why you tagged along ....If you weren't a moron yourself you would have said something about that in your ignorant reply .
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:36:22 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

And anyway the original post was the cost of that one sign

Now, now, girls, behave yourselves, you're in public now, so put your handbags away and do your makeup again. Dave

I've got a sign on my desk that reads "You don't have to be mad to work here" and it's written in my own shit. :-) lol
says...

So 3x 59.40 is the thick end of 500?
Riight.
-- Conor
I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either. - Scott Adams
says...

Says the bloke who ignored the fact the OP said it was 500 for one sign and that 3x 59.40 is a shitload less than 500.
-- Conor
I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either. - Scott Adams
Steve Firth says...

Says the bloke who ignored the fact the OP said it was 500 for one sign and that 3x 59.40 is a shitload less than 500.
Conor
3 times 59.40 is a shitload less than 500 pounds. In fact, it's less than 180.00 pounds. Or am I missing something?
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:09:52 GMT, "BigWallop"

Yes. HTH.
--

Ian D

Steve Firth