How do women think?

Drowning fails the "humane" test.

What is the weapon that ARW is planning to use? I think anything air driven will have to be a reasonable bore and at or near the top of the allowed power range to be considered "humane" on the back fo the head of a cat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And cat food doesn't have "use by" or "best before" date on it.

But yes that is what cats do. It's what the pitiful, sodden, half frozen, flea and lice ridden ball of black fluff did to the rest of the family, about 7 years ago.

I tolerate The Cat. They'd be alright if they made sure anything brought in was dead and eat all of it. They didn't vomit anywhere they felt like. They are clever enough to (ask as well) go out side or use a tray to crap/piss. WTF can't they do the same for vomit?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

just having a go at those who have a wrong idea of the law because of what their subconscious has decided it is because they think it should be.

Reply to
F Murtz

But not according to the law.Just a guide.

Reply to
F Murtz

That is not considered humane, if the animal is conscious.

Might get away with that one. Similar to mashing the brain with bolt gun.

See slitting throat, same thing just a bigger cut.

One ought to be able to argue that a commercial gassing product intended for similar sized mammals would be humane. But you'd get caught for not using the product as per its approvals.

Under religious based exemptions.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

could you direct me to a list of "appropriate" mandated methods? Or any law mentioning "appropriate methods.

Reply to
F Murtz

As with all government guidance, following it provides a good defence if prosecuted.

Reply to
Nightjar

You yourself quoted the law that mentions being appropriate: Section 4 (4) of The Animal Welfare Act 2006. As for what that means, English law does not make a habit of mandating such things. It leaves it to the Courts to decide in individual cases, but they will normally be guided by what is usual practice.

Reply to
Nightjar

I and my ex-wife co-own a flat that we let out. The tenant is moving out at the end of June. ie Today. She took the last week of June off work to redecorate the flat, and is now complaining that she's wasted a week off work that she took off specifically to redecorate the flat. The occupied flat. The flat that is occupied until this evening.

She's also complained that the building site next door "looks like a building site", that the corner of the site where the builders pile up their rubbish "looks like somebody's piling up rubbish", that ceiling electrical fittings that are not fixed in place because the ceiling plaster is drying "are a mess" and the filler foam that's still setting "is a bodge".

jgh

Reply to
jgh

Can see why you like her so much ;-)

Reply to
Tim Watts

On 30 Jun 2014, "Rod Speed" grunted:

What does an anaesthetic overdose do other than have the 'patient' not wake up again?

Reply to
Lobster

You can only kill your cat if you intend to eat it afterwards?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

That is the key. I don't see much difference between a spring action bolt gun used in an abatior and suitablly powerful weapon (air or firearm) used in a similar manner. In the case of the firearm there maybe offences under the firarms stuuf but that has SFA to do with "unnecessary suffering".

As for the RSPCA, they really f***ed up messing about at a dock and export of live sheep the other year. Made the sheep to be offloaded at the dock into an unsuitable area as the dock had no facilties for handling live animals. Such a facilty was not that far away. Several sheep fell into a drain, and had to be destroyed, but again no proper facilties. This destruction was carried out with the other sheep present. Ended up with forty odd sheep being destroyed due to the stress and panic that the offoad caused.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Nightjar

Reply to
tony sayer

You would have to be able to show "beyond reasonable doubt" that "no unnecessary suffering" occurred.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net scribeth thus

Confucius he say " Women enjoy a good grumble"!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

AOL or perhaps for a more sociable/sick animal an enclosed cardboard box and shotgun at a range to give a spread of shot over the target area.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think you missed the bit about 'in the comfort of its own home'. As I have pointed out elsewhere, my vet does home visits for euthanasia.

Reply to
Nightjar

Guilty 'til proven innocent, you mean. The onus on the prosecution is to show that a crime has occurred. I don't see how any prosecution can succeed without that first hurdle being overcome.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So would mine, and for free but I would not waste his time effort and money.

Reply to
F Murtz