Fully Electric Car available soon

The new Tesla charger is highly efficient, and is the power management, what makes this car feasible.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They should drag him of the computer and get down the coast today. He will look the part walking the prom in his loafers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I hope they have drugs to cure his intestinal problems.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We certainly need a drug that could cure the gullible who believe every word they read in adverts. It wouldn't sell well, though, given you appear to be one of the few who does.

How is your magnetic water 'conditioner', by the way? Still defying the laws of physics? Like your 110% efficient boiler?

Seek treatment now. Although I'd guess it's too late.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They will do if this takes off, which it looks like doing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The car will be made in England. Sad isn't it. They will have to get him walking in those loafers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

(different makes) of them. I have no further details. I think that it's a big step in the right direction.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

But that's not what's on offer. It's a car to compete with the likes of Porsche in both price and performance. As if...

It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. We are offering X now at a high price, but Y will be along shortly which will wipe out the lower priced competition. Which suggests this tiny firm has a breakthrough the major makers haven't found after spending billions on research.

Basically, the sort of BS we've all read before many many times.

Toyota are at the forefront of electric cars - albeit hybrid ones. My money is on them producing the first all electric practical family car. That they haven't yet means the technology isn't ready.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Internet was relatively overnight. The DNS server is actually in Fort Knox, that is how important the Internet is to modern living. Within 5 years it was well established an indispensable.

We never. Once the WWW came and the first browsers were in action it was obvious which way it was going. People wanted a better protocol for the Internet to run on.

Exchange is crap, always was.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I bet Lotus and the other suppliers wanted cash up front :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

If they did ask and get it then I would say it is a goer.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I wonder if they make him dress himself.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's only 5 weeks away.

I would have thought there would have been some evidence of some pre-launch stock about by now. Fields full of finished cars.

We'll see.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

mmmmm lets think about that - 50kWh battery charged in 5 mins - sounds good.

--- where do I plug it in - that's 2608A at 230V - may be I can tap into the

440kV overhead lines?
Reply to
Slurp

But seem to advocate a Stirling engine a few posts ago? Perhaps you think that's not an IC engine...

It will need no servicing? Try learning a little about how a car works. There's more to servicing than just attending to an IC engine.

Will, would. More crystal ball gazing on your part.

Not if you can charge it at home, fool. If it had a reasonable range very few charging points would be needed.

Now let me see. The last car you claimed to own was a Prius. Not exactly in the same class as a Porsche, or indeed designed for the same sort of use? So suddenly you're changing from a poor performing family car to a two seater fast sports car? Despite continually saying speed and acceleration don't interest you? Is this a mid life crisis?

[snip the rest of the advert]

You should sell crystal balls. Magnetic ones, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We all eagerly await.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Indeed. There are some advantages to that, in that it is easier to treat a lot of pollution in one place, than it is to treat small amounts of pollution in lots of places. However, the inefficiencies in the systems mean that, a couple of years ago, it was demonstrated that an electric car produced three times as much pollution as a modern internal combustion engine powered car. Better battery efficiency would go some way towards improving that, but would do nothing to help with generating and transmission losses. A major change to nuclear power would produce a significant reduction in carbon emissions, although a number of climatologists are now saying that is far less important than was thought a decade ago. OTOH, car manufacturers are also continually improving their products so that driving a modern five litre vehicle I am producing far less pollution than I was when driving around in my average saloon car in the

1960s.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Dribble obviously expects a free lunch in more ways than one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not to the same extent: by driving hard you mean a lot of accelerating and braking, right? A well-designed electric car can recover a lot of the kinetic energy put into accelerating through regenerative braking which an IC cannot.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Richard Cranium, it outperforms a Porche. You can even drive it with loafer on too.

Richard, the makers have done sweet FA, except Honda and Toyota with hybrids (the Prius was introduced 9 years ago).

Mr Cranium, they are not, that is Mitsubish in the big makers. The forefront is Tesla Motors in league with Lotus.

They should get him outside ASAP. He has to do some walking in those loafers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel