Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

Page 7 of 13

...our resident clown is making jollies again...

LOL!

IMM wrote:

Ah. You mean fat middle aged mothers with pushchairs? The ones that push you into the path of oncoming traffic?
No, you must mean those lovely lager lads who smash into your car on a Friday night?
What about those fast food places that sell you food that renders you terminally obses?
Or those buses that poison the air you breathe?
Or those lads on motor bikes who rip up the countryside?
Or those fishermen polluting the world with lead weights?
Or thos elabeout politicaons poisoning monds with their classist twaddle?
Yeah. let's ban the lot of them. Danger to life and limb the lot of them are!
It is

...Coco the clown gives us some of his wisdom....

I wonder why these mothers push him into the road? None have ever done that to me. What has he done to mother and child?
...he incoherently rambles on

So we need smoking because of vandals? fascinating, literally fascinating!
...on he goes....

So we need smoking because of greedy bastards? Fascinating, literally fascinating!

These are a bad thing, but filters are being fitted to them. Ongoing to remedy the problem.

So we need smoking because of speeding bikers? Fascinating, literally fascinating!

So we need smoking because of fishermen? Fascinating, literally fascinating!
......he babbles away.....

So we need smoking because of people talking? Fascinating, literally fascinating!
....he goes on.....

well did you read what I read to? Good wasn't it? Ah, bless him.

In actual fact, alcohol probably causes far more damage to the UK. Ask any accident and emergency doctor, or the police. Or take a look at the stats.
The vast majority of assaults, GBH, murders, rapes and domestic abuse involve alcohol. Here they have just passed a law banning late-night takeaways from selling any drink in a glass bottle because of the dangers of drunken yobs.
If you really were to push me to a choice, I'd say we'd be better off banning alcohol in public places. Far better for the UK as a whole. But, I'm not a facist bigoted fool, so I won't be pushing for that!
F.

I agree a friend is a nurse and says that saturday night is now called "fright night" and that 97% of the worse incidents are alcohol related.

And the abuse that hospital staff have to put up with is disgusting almost 100% of cases are alcohol related.

Why not ban alcohol altogether then maybe our police and hospitals can get on with the job that they are paid to do instead of them having to deal with the drunken slobs that roam our streets at night causing havoc and death to the other members of society who just want to get on with their lives.
A choice of either drunks or smokers for me the smoker would win hands down.

I knew it!!! Just what I said earlier in the thread. The brainwashed addicted ones are now scrapping the barrel and using the two wrongs make a right angle and then in a futile way bring alcohol into the fray. Yes everyone, you did read that. Pathetic we all know.
Sads but true, this is what they do.

"IMM" wrote in message

That's two barrels you've scrapped this week, which is rather a waste. Get a scraper and learn to scrape your barrels without scrapping them. Please.
--
Andy

snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com wrote:

Good idea, then we can just go down the pub for a smoke instead!

Will give us all the stats then?

Sure. I'll spend even more of my own time on some pointless usenet thread. I'd love to!!
Aye. Right.
F.
snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk writes:

Oh, yes it should. Especially if the Daily Mail decides that it's membership are baby killers. I refer you to the Dunblane gun grab, the ban on hunting with dogs, etc., etc., etc.

Neither am I. I couldn't care less, so long as I don't have to breath the results in public places.
A common sense and totally logical statement...

..and he responds with....

...our resident clown has not realised that most of the public do not smoke. Of course common sense and logic is asking too much here.

IMM wrote:

Most of teh pubklic don't use wheelchairs either, or have babiues, yet there are places reserved for them and building altered.
Lets save shitloads of money by naffing the kids and shooting people in wheelchairs. They cost FAR more to the NHS than smokers!

.....our resident brain of Britain continues...

..of course he thing babies and wheelchairs kill people to... This is good reading. ...he rambles on.....

....he is now putting financial consideration over babies and the disabled. I know what you are all thinking here. To be objective...he is fascinating. A good case.

True.
There is no "we". People who hold your views on banning it are in the minority. Just because someone doesn't smoke, it doesn't mean that they are of the same opinions as you.
F.

Actually, most polls show a majority for banning smoking in restaurants. Some even show majorities for banning in pubs.
Christian.

Judging by the rate at which pubs are closing, few actually use them regularly. Perhaps a poll of those who do would give different results. I really can't see why it's not up to the individual owner to decide if his premises are to be smoking or not. If the majority of patrons really did want non-smoking pubs etc, it would make commercial sense to do it voluntarily.
--
*If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.*

IMM wrote:

50% of those who bothered to reply. Let's face it, it was so tedious the rest of us went out for a ciggy.

...our clown comments.....

The truth was so piecing they had to turn their minds off it.

A few things about polls:
a) Who paid for it?
b) What was the sample size vs population of the country?
c) What was the method of polling? Different types of people respond to different types of polling, and ditto folk that say "sorry, too busy"
d) What exactly were the questions asked? Were they "leading" in any way?
e) No issues are black and white. Where did the "middle-ground" people vote? (see d)
e) What time of day were they polled?
f) Any other polls out there showing different or similar results?
Polls don't mean shit.
F./