Cigarette smoke perculates through the walls from next door. Ugh. How can I seal it?

And this is coming from someone who has said they never smoked? Who's scraping the barrel?

Nicotine is a drug, moron. From some random webpage:

Brautbur reports that nicotine activates certain neurons in part of the brain called the mesolimbic system. This system is the same pathway that creates the intense cravings to indulge in certain foods or activities, such as sex. When the mesolimbic pathway is stimulated, the neurons secrete dopamine. In turn, dopamine provides the brain with a chemical reward that literally arouses it. Tests have shown that both cocaine and nicotine produce this effect in the brain. In general, nicotine continually stimulates the release of dopamine(1)

We enjoy it. Are you so slow on the uptake that you cannot grasp this simple concept?

F.

Ref:

  1. Brautbur, N. "Direct Effects of Nicotine on the Brain: Evidence for Chemical Addiction." Archives of Environmental Health. Vol. 50 (no. 4), July
1995. pp. 263-266
Reply to
Fraser

Please note: Most people don't smoke. If it was the greatest thing since sliced bread we would all be smoking.

Reply to
IMM

... mine was an observation too, if that's how you view life then there's something a bit adrift.

Reply to
usenet

In message , IMM writes

... ...

(Deity of choice) you are thick

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, have you been at the tipple today?

Reply to
IMM

Well, IIRC, it was the greatest thing _before_ sliced bread, because everyone did smoke back then!! ;-)

F.

Reply to
Fraser

Not to mention people being _encouraged_ to smoke back then...

Reply to
Jerry.

Figures please?

Reply to
IMM

I know, it was disgusting.

Reply to
IMM

But it was / not / considered so at the time.

Reply to
Jerry.

They say ignorance is bliss. Since the 1800s they have known cigarettes cause cancer.

Reply to
IMM

Generally, jokes don't need backed up by figures...

F./

Reply to
Fraser

So you were joking then.

Reply to
IMM

Suspecting and knowing are to totally different things, I / suspect / you are an ignorant idiot, but I have no proof you are !..

Reply to
Jerry.

You don't suspect at all, you are just attempting to be clever.

Reply to
IMM

Wrong and wrong, I / do / suspect the first and I don't need to attempt the second, unlike you...

Reply to
Jerry.