Bosch compatible Multifunction tool from aldi

admit I'm a bit tempted :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

It looks s**te. Pay the extra £20 for the Bosch version. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Don't see any associated attachments shown though, ie blades etc. Wonder how the blades are attached, ie, are they compatible with the Bosch or any others?

Mind, I managed to get a PMF180E from Axminster back in July, for

49.94, which I thought was a bit of a bargain. Was tempted by the price and the glowing references in this group. Only got to use it last week and what a useful tool it is too. Had to cut a rectangle of laminate flooring out and it did the job so easily I couldn't believe. So, a big thanks to all those on here who gave it the heads-up.

Just one query on the Bosch model, while I'm at it, does anyone have problems with the attachment securing cap screw working loose, in use? Not a big problem and only occasional but didn't want to over tighten it.

Reply to
Old Git

Only loosens if you don't tighten it enough. I did manage to break one by overtightening, but Bosch sent a new one without any fuss, so no need to worry too much.

auctions

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Old Git

In article , D.M.Chapman wrote:

Must admit I'm a bit tempted :-)

The swing drill looks interesting too - although not for me as I've got the Wicks one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The old Fein model did that too, but their star adaptor for the new style blades pretty much stopped it ever happening. That would presumably fit the Bosch, but then you would have to use the more expensive Fein blades.

The new Fein doesn't (can't) come loose.

Reply to
Bolted

A similar one in Makro is currently about £15 cheaper.

Reply to
John Rumm