HF - $16.99 Multifunction Tool

I just found a coupon for the Harbor Freight Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool for only $16.99. That's a new low for me, the best previous was $19.99. MAy have to get one at that price.

Reply to
hrhofmann

A couple of weeks ago I visited HF for the first time. It was better than expected, with some cheap crap and some fairly good items at good prices. I had a 20% coupon so I bought the variable speed tool for $31 and change.

A few days later, I found myself in need of a tool of that sort. It did the job and did it well. I had to cut the caulk where it was between siding trim and the first deck board I was removing.

It may not perform as well as the $100+ tools, but it did what I needed at a good price. I don't see myself using the tool every day so I could not justify spending a lot.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You've been bitten. Once you have one of the "Multi-tools", you'll find you use it more and more. ;-)

I have two, a corded Dremel and a 12V Bosch.

Reply to
krw

That's obviously the single speed model.

I'll sell you mine for $13.99, no coupon needed.

I'll put the money towards the variable speed unit.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I paid $40 (maybe it was even $50, I don't remember) for mind when they

1st came out from HF. And, that was the single speed unit, too, however, I don't see any real need for slower speeds on these units. BTW, I don't feel bad for getting "ripped off" because, I really got my money's worth out of the unit. I was doing some work on a porch, additional railings and screening, and it was invaluable. So, at $20, it's a real steal. Of course the blades will get you.
Reply to
Art Todesco

Having a physical HF store within reach is the critical part, when you can personally inspect the items before buying you can readily find the gems and there are quite a few gems depending on what type of tools you need. The 20% coupons are also essential to track down. If you're starting out collecting HF gems, the Inside Track Club membership is well worth it and will save you more. Eventually you've collected all the gems and don't need the ITC anymore, just watch the flyers to see if something new shows up and use the 20% coupons on it.

Reply to
Pete C.

Possibly, but price is in line with their other power tools where this isn't true.

Reply to
krw

Same thing happened to me as I missed the coupon. I've only used the tool once to remove some old appliance paint so I could clean up a messy job and it worked very well and paid for itself with that one use.

Reply to
Frank

We use a general contractor within our business who uses the Fein multitool. I used it to do a small task and I cannot conclude any difference with my HF model.

I use mine frequently and currently using it for a huge drywall job. I keep it clean and blow it out after each use. I believe doing that will make it last longer. Either way, I got my moneys worth.

Reply to
Meanie

How about having two physical HF stores within reach?

One is 3.5 miles from my house, the other is about 13.

I hear of places where there isn't one anywhere nearby...meanwhile I've got two.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You're hoarding Harbor Freights. My one store is about10 miles away, a great bike ride to and from, and the distance and the bike keep me from spending too much money each visit. I'll probably go on a bike ride to Aurora, IL tomorrow and piock it up. Single-speed is not a problem, I have ways to change/lower the speed of a single- speed unit.

Reply to
hrhofmann