Aldi batteries compatible with DeWalt

Hi all

A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this

are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

Let's hope that's the future, compatibility across brands. I'd certainly favour a new tool that meets such a standard over a lock-in type.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are designs to convert between batteries of different types, eg:

(tons more on Thingiverse - I didn't go through them all to see if someone has done the right Aldi/Workzone/Einhell to DeWalt converter)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Hmm, that's the sort of thing the EU used to be good at (thinking about phone chargers)

Reply to
newshound

Although if you look at Lidl offererings, each new generation of cordless tools seems to go up a couple of volts. We'll be back to 240, given time. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, any standard would need a blip on the edge of the case for voltage, but at least 18v tools could mostly then be compatible with each other. Ideally the tool would also let you use a step or 2 down in voltage if it's what you have.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr