Aldi multifunction tool - an aquisition

Just bought one today - nearly at the cost of the front suspension of the car as I ploughed over a damn-near invisible kerb in Aldi's fecking carpark. Mutter mutter, fecking never heard of painting kerbs that stick out, you bastards?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Lucky git. Mutter, grumble, bastard thing sold out of my local store by

11am. Too much other stuff to do to plough down to Bridgwater to try there.
Reply to
Scott M

Sure it wasn't a cyclist? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wasn't convinced before the earlier thread and debate but took the plunge today and got one, must've been 20 at my local around 10am.

Reply to
fred

Tried Lidl. Didn't have them. Must read the advertising blurb more accurately. I'll see if Aldi have any left tomorrow.

Reply to
<me9

Ah, that's what the scream was - I wondered about that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Northampton out of stock at 10.30 am. Axminster has an offer on the Bosch GOP - I'm tempted.

Reply to
PeterC

Plenty in Loughborough at that time. One fewer by 10:45.

Also picked up the drill dust catcher. Don't know how useful it will be, but for pennies...

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I got the right store but the wrong day when I read the advert about a week ago thinking it was *last* weeks' offer but didn't get a chance to go before this Wednesday.

Fated not to have one!

Reply to
Scott M

Ah - that'd be related to the model they put in our local one, when they rejigged the carpark following the installation of the numberplate-reader [no objection to that btw]. They stuck an island right in the middle of the entrance, which is a right-angle swing-in, with no signs, nor bollards, nor nowt. As a result, for a couple of weeks after, people were "swinging in" as normal, and hitting the new feature. I suspect Aldi's German management had something to say about such incompetence when it was brought to their attention (it's now highlighted in various ways).

WTF am I blabbering on about: what I _wanted_ to say was: LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON WITH THIS WONDER-TOOL GRIMLY!

J.

Reply to
Another John

Ever the keen experimenter, I tried as suggested and applied the scraper blade to my finger - no harm at all; no blood, no severed pieces dropping off. I'm now waiting the opportunity to try the tool out for real; in the meantime I'm looking for a suitable plastic or wooden case for it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That's good - so the oscillation is small and just flexes the skin.

I recall shittin' bricks when a circular saw was used to remove a plaster cast until the nurse pointed out that it didn't actually rotate. Obvious really, but a woman, buzzy tool and my leg...!

Reply to
PeterC

A rubber-tipped dustpan is good; an old envelope works as well, but I did get the thing from Aldi just to try it.

Reply to
PeterC

They do actually work pretty well. If you can find them....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My local Homobase had some tool bags on offer, got one for my new powerfile for £9.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I see Lidl have a 16" toolbox here on Monday

- one of them will do, but I'd hoped to find a proper flat-stacking case. No matter, as long as it's protected and the bits kept all in one place.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon