Chasing into block work

I've recently had some showers fitted and I didn't specify that the pipes should be chased into the walls. I need to find a solution, and recognise my own mistake so I will be paying for it.

The contractor says that as the walls that the showers are mounted on are single skin "breeze blocks" (100mm) its not possible to chase 22mm pipes into the wall because it will damage the structural integrity of the blocks - and that building regs prevent it.

Is this the case?

If he won't do it, I'm prepared to get the angle grinder out myself.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt

Reply to
larkim