And now I've seen it all ...

Traffic laws do not apply exclusively to motor vehicles.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

:-)

Reply to
Nightjar

The back seat?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

No. 4/4s _usually_ have headlights mounted such that they shine directly on your wing mirrors, _and_ _often_ _the_ _main_ _mirror_ _too_, when following closely.

Perhaps my main mirror is a bit lower than most. I'm also pretty sure my brakes are better than most, and I'm not using M&S tyres, so if I brake hard they _will_ hit me.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I had HID lights on my last car. Hated them for that reason.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Prat, what don't you under stand about "token"? It's a disc with a hole in it and clip that has ring to attach it to a key ring.

't help when you send daughter off to return trolley and she doesn't retrive the token and as I generally avoid stores that have this stupid system forget to ask for it back...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

IANAL but I think the road traffic acts apply to land "where the public has access".

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Thanks. That one wasn't on the acronym finder.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

(like the standard keyring that removes your nail when you try to add a key).

I've got a pound coin in the car if I need it. But I tend to go to more customer friendly supermarkets.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Main mirror?

Reply to
ARW

No :)

Surely It'd be better with a 'random electric fault lamp' ...that was permanently unlit to indicate a fault :)

Or had they fixed things by then? I only ever travelled in or had any contact with a very early SD1 (it looked fantastic, and when running properly it went like stink but was a unreliable bag of s**te in 1979 with squeaky trim, dodgy electrics and a damp interior)

Actually I went in a 2300 a few years later, in what turned out to be the slowest journey I've ever taken on a UK motorway, not because of the traffic, or the car, but the driver was a skinflint who drove everywhere guided by his add-on vacuum gauge.

The only more unreliable car I knew than that SD1 was a mate with a Range Rover. He was spending a 500 -100 quid a month on fixing things. Finally sold it before he ended up with a divorce and the new buyer found it near perfect...

Reply to
The Other Mike

With exemptions for motor sport events authorised and run by specific bodies. They had to fight to get the exemptions otherwise everyone at a track or a stage rally, or autotest, or a drag race could have been prosecuted for a whole host of offences.

Reply to
The Other Mike

My mirror finish, stainless-steel bodied kit-car does a very good job of dazzling following drivers who are dazzling me in the mirror!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Are those signs going by a general description of what could be possible or a legal definition of a child? My mother now in her 80's doesn't find walking too far that easily recently but probably wouldn't qualify for a disabled badge just yet. I threatened the other day to park in a Parent and Child place but was stopped more by her protestations of embarrassment more than anything else.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

In message , D.M.Chapman writes

Or, they'll take 45 minutes of bashing & faffing, (C4 rear/stop bulbs), need help from their supervisor and leave me vowing never to cross their threshold again.

Reply to
usenet2012

If you can find one.

Reply to
Mark

Neither am I:-)

The *public* does not have access to a bridleway or footpath when in control of a vehicle unless given permission by the landowner.

There is a grey area regarding mobility scooters.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Reminds me of my last attempt to shop at Morrisons. I had only cards and no cash at all so went into the shop to ask how I could get a trolley. They suggested buying something with a card and getting cashback, then buying something with the cash to get the change and then going to get the trolley to do the rest of my shop.

Needless to say I've never been back there.

Reply to
Mark

Umm.. I suppose there will always be a way around any simple protective rule. I was trying to discriminate between the serial litterer and the apprentice who has not yet had his bollocks hammered while avoiding malicious reporting.

I guess adding in the location data would overcomplicate any reliable system.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I'm trying to think of a grocery supermarket that requires trolley rent around here and I'm failing. Does B&Q come under "supermarket"?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice