And now I've seen it all ...

I love confusing people by offering to buy their empty trolley for a qui= d.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Round here Tesco and Asda don't, but Morrisons, Sainsburys, Aldi and Waitrose do.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Reply to
Java Jive

Maybe I look trustworthy, but on a couple of occassions, the supermarkets have lent me a pound coin, trusting me to take it back afterwards. The local swimming baths has done the same for the lockers.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:42:01 -0000, SteveW w= rote:

If I was them I wouldn't trust anyone (not to forget).

I must try that and see if I look trustworthy.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Why would you be? You were a parent and child weren't you? There's no age limit AFAIK...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

What do you call the one in the middle that isn't on the wing/door?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The interior mirror. Or, on my Land Rover, the bit on the windscreen where there used to be one until a couple of decades ago.

Even driving a normal car, I hardly ever use it.

Reply to
John Williamson

Why didn't he use his own main beam?!

My eyes aren't fantastic and I find the xenon factory fit lights superb. I agree about the cut off - but everything within the dipped beam is very well lit up. On main beam it's a bit of a 'ball of light' with IMO insufficient lateral cover. But it throws light into the distance superbly.

And while they're supposed to autolevel on bumps and so forth (not just vehicle load) I'm pretty sure it's not that effective.

Rob

Reply to
RJH

I drive a van that has no rear windows and there is no middle mirror.

As it does not exist I have decided not to give it a name.

Reply to
ARW

Same with my students!

Reply to
Bob Eager

There are actually terms and conditions to using them. They generally refer to a cut-off age of five - Tesco and Sainsburys definitely had this, as they used to (maybe still do) have a registration scheme and Tesco used to issue badges (this is from 9 years ago).

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Because some dumb ass would think that "Parent & Child" means an adult and person less than 10 or something.

I don't know but use of "parent & child" makes sense at the age extremes but probably not with normal fit & healthy people with the parent age of

40 and child of 20...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's something that annoys me (and I have in the past had reason to use a blue badge frequently when taking my mother-in-law out).

One supermarket that we used to use had twice as many disabled spaces as parent and child ones. With a combination of my wife's car (inherited from her father) being a three door and her having a bad back, the long doors made it nigh on impossible to get a child seat and child in and out of the back without the extra width of a parent and child space. Regularly, she would go to the supermarket and find all the places taken; a number by blue badge holders who couldn't be bothered to wait a short while for a space to become free. Yet as spaces became free in the blue badge section, she couldn't in turn take one of them. With a very young child starting screaming in the back because the motion of the car had ceased, yet unable to park, get him out and settle him, she had to abandon the trips and return home a number of times.

At another location near here, Toys-R-Us, Mothercare, Boots and a sports shop are all together, where you would expect many parents with young children and there are eight parent and child spaces and twenty-four disabled spaces and the same thing happens - despite many of the disabled spaces being free.

If someone's condition means that they cannot wait - urgent need for the toilet or an anxiety related mental health problem for example, then fair enough - but otherwise, I do feel it is unfair to take over the often limited places available for parents and children and that blue badge holders should wait for a space to become free just like anyone else has to.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

*some* warning lights, not all.
Reply to
The Other Mike

And trailer connectors! The one on my Hilux has been used once in 15 years!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Waitrose have a different technique; their trolleys lock the wheels if you attempt to take them too far.

Reply to
Mark

Thought the country needed jobs for people to do.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

This did happen at Sainsburys so I still use them.

Reply to
Mark

The pushchair symbol painted on the ground and on the signs is a hint ;-)

Reply to
Mark