Aerial and satellite coax dilema

My wife has been at me for ages to move the TV into another corner of the room but I'm not sure if it is possible due to the amount of cabling.

I presently have the following going under the floor: Satellite coax Aerial coax RF feed to lounge TV RF feed from booster going to TV's in the bedrooms.

I could just run four extension cables to the new location of the TV but I would rather go under the floor and fit some device that would allow me to add cables to it so I could have the TV in various places without degrading the signal.

Any ideas?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

There's a few solutions depending on the flexibility you need.

If you can leave the satellite receiver in one place and just need to move the TV around then a Loftbox would do the job. You could position it next to the satellite receiver for example.

are various tricks with remotes that you can do with these to get round the problem of having the equipment in different places.

If you want something more generic that will allow positioning of all the equipment anywhere, including the satellite receiver or even the potential of multiple satellite receivers, then a multiswitch is the thing to go for.

e.g.

Andy Hall

Change the wife!

Reply to
diy-newby

I had thought about that but so far haven't met a woman who doesn't like to change the furniture about in the living room ;o)

Thanks Andy for the links. I'm trying to get my head around what cables would go where and struggling just now.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Well there is always that option.

When my wife was 36 I suggested trading her in for a couple of 18 year olds. For some reason she wasn't enthusiastic.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I would start with the sketch of the Loftbox and adapt it to the physical layout you have. The connections have to remain the same but not the physical locations of where things go. Frfom that, you should be able to work out whether the physical locations are acceptable. If you only want to account for a TV, then it's not too bad. If you want to feed outputs from the satellite receiver or video recorders to the bedrooms, it gets a bit more complicated. Are you restricted to having the TV, video and satellite receiver in the same physical place or could you put the video and satellite receiver in a fixed place and just move the TV around? Keep in mind that there are remote control extension solutions that allow you to point the remote at the TV and operate the satellite receiver located in a different place.

Reply to
Andy Hall