Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice tools
NT
3

OT: It's Been So Windy in Europe That Electricity Prices Have Turned Negative
It's Been So Windy in Europe That Electricity Prices Have Turned Negative I guess this is really more of a problem of lack of storage capacity than two much generation though.
2
2

Using benzalkonium chloride to kill mildew on silicone
I used to use bleach to try to remove mildew spots from the silicone around the bath and shower tray. I've recently started using benzalkonium chloride to kill algae on the patio, and it works really...
8
8

Mortaring old garden wall
I want to patch up a short stretch of old brick garden wall as there are large amounts of mortar missing. Not too bothered about look of it as we are putting up a new shed by it. Can anyone recommend...
8
8

Home burglar alarm - wireless, text
I always understood that an internal sounder was good if it made it uncomfortable for the average scroat to stay in the house. We have a four core sound bomb, and that is pretty unbearable.
29
29

well wot a surprise
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?
20
20

Removing paint stains from decking?
Yo, Trying to help someone ... they have previously painted their decking with something and splashed some darker coloured fence paint over that in places. Pressure washing has removed most of the...
9
9

Cat6 cable and CAT5e patch panel
I have an ethernet patch panel marked CAT5 - so what if i use it with CAT6 cable? I think CAT6 is all about tighter wound more conductive cables so what advantage to throwing away the CAT5 patch panel...
7
7

Replace syphon in concealed toilet cistern
I've got a toilet with the cistern (one of those fairly narrow, back to front, black ones, Plumb Centre I think) concealed behind a tiled partition. Needless to say the builder, 20 years or so ago,...
5
5

Changing drive cable on Mountfield SP414 Mower
Can't see how to get into mower to anchor spring to drive
1
1

Concrete: How many 25kg bags of cement for one jumbo bag of ballast?
It looks like a reasonably full jumbo bag from a decent builder's merchant. I'm thinking of a 5:1 mix of ballast to cement. Anyone know how much cement I need for the whole jumbo bag of ballast? Thank...
11
11

How to attach plastic fan (worn)
This from a B&D circular saw approx 18 years old so part not available. The plastic fan is worn and loose on shaft, I am assuming it was just a tight fit, how best to re-attach the fan, assuming the...
22
22

Ring Main cutting wires or not?
Is it a good idea in a new ringmain to try not to cut the wires, but just cut the sleeves back and fold the coppers back on themselves? If so then what to do with the double sockets which have two...
34
34

'Turbo' pressure washers nozzles.
Yo, We have a Nilfisk C130.1-6 P X-tra pressure washer and it came with a 'Turbo' (spinning pencil jet, 'C&C POWERSPEED' in Nilfisk speak) nozzle that, after a reasonable amount of use, seems to have...
1
1

Double glazing panel.
The panel that came with my door has a label saying which side goes to the outside. There is no obvious reason why. Can anyone explain it? I recently had a replacement panel made up for elsewhere, and...
15
15