Using benzalkonium chloride to kill mildew on silicone

I used to use bleach to try to remove mildew spots from the silicone around the bath and shower tray. I've recently started using benzalkonium chloride to kill algae on the patio, and it works really well. So I was wondering if it could be safely used on silicone.
Has anyone used it with either good or bad effect?
What I've got is BAC 50, which I dilute 20:1 for outdoor use, giving a final concentration of 2.5%.
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 16:47:38 +0100 (GMT+01:00), jim <k> wrote:

I was hoping that the benzalkonium chloride would kill the mould and stop it spreading.

I know that's the proper solution. I'm just trying to put it off.
On Friday, 9 June 2017 16:59:12 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:

Very little harms silicone.
If the silicone is falling off, why clean it? It not, what point is there i n redoing it? Something isn't adding up. If you don't want to risk harming it then presumably it's in good order apart from the mould, so it sounds li ke all it needs is bleach or perhaps benzalkonium chloride. More explanatio n needed!
NT
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 10:27:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's not falling off. It's sound apart from the black mould spots which are causing it to look grotty.
Caecilius wrote:

To do the job correctly: Dig it all out- have fun. Use meths to clean the area. Fill bath 3/4 full with water, dunno about a shower tray. Apply decent expensive silicone when the area is DRY. Do NOT use finger from mouth or soapy water to smooth silicone, this introduces moisture and bacteria. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=fugi+tool Wait for at least 12 hours. I did this maybe six years ago, no mildew, no black shit, no leaks and the silicone looks like brand new.
On Friday, 9 June 2017 19:10:51 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:

ly

g a

e in redoing it? Something isn't adding up. If you don't want to risk harmi ng it then presumably it's in good order apart from the mould, so it sounds like all it needs is bleach or perhaps benzalkonium chloride. More explana tion needed!

Then why not just use bleach? It's about as effortless as it gets. Pour ble ach on, walk away. Repeat each night until looks like new.
NT
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:23:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, I'm probably overthinking it. I was wondering whether benzalkonium chloride would be more effective than bleach, and perhaps have some sort of residual action to keep the mould at bay. It certainly works well on my patio.
On Friday, 9 June 2017 22:06:42 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:

here in redoing it? Something isn't adding up. If you don't want to risk ha rming it then presumably it's in good order apart from the mould, so it sou nds like all it needs is bleach or perhaps benzalkonium chloride. More expl anation needed!

bleach on, walk away. Repeat each night until looks like new.

Let us know. I've never tried it. Bleach is cheap and to hand.
NT
I think the problem is that the slabs or concrete is a rough surface and the growth gets in the cracks, but silicone is different its softish, and has no real crracks. I'dtend to stick to bleach. I don't know if that chemical might actually degrade the silicone or discolour it. Brian
--
----- -