Lean-to greenhouse - mould

We have a small, nay, very small lean-to greenhouse.

Trouble is, we are getting quiet a lot of powdery, mildew-like, mould inside it. It is bare treated timber.

Despite opening the doors as much as possible, it has got worse.

I have now given it a good scrub and the sun is drying it out. But I would like to do something to stop it happening again and again. Any suggestions? My suggestions so far have not gone down well. :-(

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I've found benzalkonium chloride works well for moss, algae and mold. It's what's used in a lot of patio cleaners, but it's a lot less expensive to buy it in more concentrated form as "BAC 50".

Reply to
Caecilius

What concentration do you use to treat algae?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I use 200ml of BAC 50 in 5 litres of water (25:1) and apply with a sprayer.

Reply to
Caecilius

Thank you. Will look at that. (I know it is widely used in medical products.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

The question really is, where is the bit of mould you miss? If spores are always in the air, it will soon re-establish itself. My guess is there is somewhere where its really bad which you have not found or is difficult to get at. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)