Recommendations for synthetic deck boards?

We have a small (2.3 x 2.0 m) deck built right on the base of the lean-to greenhouse that came with the house. Some of the treated timbers boards are getting soft spots and crumbly corners. I'm thinking of replacing them with some synthetic/plastic boards that can be cut, drilled, and screwed like timber. (These are common in the USA but I think I've seen them in use here too.)

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Reply to
Adam Funk

I've had some samples of TimberTech's "Edge" product, looked good to me.

Wait until they have one of their periodic sales ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I had a look at those products online, but I get the impression that most of each board is made of something wood-based, so the edges need to be protected from ingress of moisture. I was hoping for something more idiot-proof. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

Certainly there are fibres within the boards, presumably wood fibres, but they are *very* dense, gauging them against some samples of cedar I have handy, I'd say 4-5x as dense.

There's a skin that wraps over the top, round the sides and just under part of the bottom, I can't see them absorbing much water, even if immersed, can't remember what claims their website makes ...

Ask for a sample?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Plastic decking boards