Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing drive cable on Mountfield SP414 Mower
Can't see how to get into mower to anchor spring to drive
1
1

Concrete: How many 25kg bags of cement for one jumbo bag of ballast?
It looks like a reasonably full jumbo bag from a decent builder's merchant. I'm thinking of a 5:1 mix of ballast to cement. Anyone know how much cement I need for the whole jumbo bag of ballast? Thank...
11
11

How to attach plastic fan (worn)
This from a B&D circular saw approx 18 years old so part not available. The plastic fan is worn and loose on shaft, I am assuming it was just a tight fit, how best to re-attach the fan, assuming the...
22
22

Ring Main cutting wires or not?
Is it a good idea in a new ringmain to try not to cut the wires, but just cut the sleeves back and fold the coppers back on themselves? If so then what to do with the double sockets which have two...
34
34

'Turbo' pressure washers nozzles.
Yo, We have a Nilfisk C130.1-6 P X-tra pressure washer and it came with a 'Turbo' (spinning pencil jet, 'C&C POWERSPEED' in Nilfisk speak) nozzle that, after a reasonable amount of use, seems to have...
1
1

Double glazing panel.
The panel that came with my door has a label saying which side goes to the outside. There is no obvious reason why. Can anyone explain it? I recently had a replacement panel made up for elsewhere, and...
15
15

BS7671 18th Edition Draft out for comment
Registration needed, sadly no pdf available for download British Standards Institution - Project
38
38

Re: Let us pray.
En el artículo , RJH escribió: I agree. The pic is meant to be humorous but is also close to the truth. May cynically called this election expecting to win a landslide, increasing the Tories'...
8
8

Re: Re:Three slaves, no master.
Well that is a very silly place to put a telephone! Brian
1
1

PING Wodders
My CB TX/RX is now OK. It was set up wrong.
1
1

OT: NHS still waiting ...
... for Labour to respond to its official letter of complaint about their Charing Cross Hospital closure lies. Seems Labour candidates across West London are repeating these falsehoods.
1
1

Need a new circular saw.
After many years of service my circular saw is no longer usable ? blade has about ¾ of end float ? making straight cuts impossible. The 7 ¼? B&D was a good investment ? lasted at least 35 years....
32
32

Fitting a cat flap to a uPVC door panel
This door panel has raised sections to give a beaded effect but, from a test drill, they aren't solid. I can't decide whether to cut the beads to fit the outside of the flap or whether to spend ages...
4
4

Rain on newly-poured concrete?
Can anyone advise? After I pour some concrete (like a 4" thick pathway) for how long must it be proteced from rain? Many thanka, Al-W
6
6

B&Q Cartridge Gun
Just bought one of these: As you will see on the photo - there is a metal "needle" attached to the side of the gun. I asked the B&Q man what it was for - he had no idea. Does anyone here know?
7
7