OT Constructing a Car Engine (1930-1939) | British Pa thé

I am pretty sure that some here will enjoy it.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Great stuff! I doubt much had changed when my Minor engine was produced, thirty years later.

Reply to
Graeme

ARW wrote on 22/04/2018 :

I did, thanks. How did they achieve such a high level of automation, without a transistor or microprocessor in sight?

A long film of a steam ship's inner workings, a triple expansion steam engine, which followed it, was also very interesting - where the engineer explained all of the workings. Queen Mary II and the Red Arrows were in the film, but I cannot seem to find it now?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I heard of a teacher who had fun with his A-level physics classes by demonstrating an old record player with an autochanger; giving them 20 minutes to write down how they thought it worked; then showing them the way the whole thing was driven by one motor and hardware.

Reply to
Robin

The citroen factory in Paris where they made 2CVs was so antiquated, part of the production process involved someone sitting on a plank above the part assembled body to apply some weight so the rollback roof could be fitted.

Citroen always refused entry to any camera crews or journalists.

Reply to
Andrew

I saw something on the TV a while ago where a 9 year old was handed an old 35mm film camera and he immediately tried to take a selfie, but got confused by the lack of an lcd screen.

Reply to
Andrew