Subject Author Posted Replies

RSJs, Fensa etc - lack of paperwork
Trying to sell my house, an 1860 cottage which is one of a block originally built for the estate's farmers. I moved in in 1983. 1) New kitchen but installers noted the chimney breast had been removed...
94
94

[OT] In case you were wondering...
...why the Grenfell Tower residents (and the Momentum members who pretend to be them) have been so loud so far: Dianne Abbott, now fully "recovered", during Home Office Question in the Commons...
14
14

PC slowing down
If I did decide to upgrade to an SSD, what bits do I need to replace the original 3.5 SATA drive? I've done it on a laptop, but different HD on those. Luckily the Win7 HD is only about 1/2T. The other...
6
6

Multi tool info
From the Saxton Blades company; -------------------------------------- Important information! Fein and Bosch have joined together and are now selling Multitools with the ?Starlock? fitting. They have...

Tagged AA NiMh cells
My Babyliss clippers have ceased to clip. A quick teardown reveals 3 AA NiMh cells in a pyramid formation wrapper. A replacement in Pyramid formation is quite expensive, but separate cells aren't. Can...
16
16

OT: tower block fire causes for Dave.
An example of what people are like as you appear not to believe me.. Who do you suppose dumps stuff in communal areas on the 22nd floor if not the tenants? A sofa left in a communal area on the 22nd...
22
22

Drain survey
I think I might get a drain camera. That worked out at £525/hr + VAT. Good news; no roots in the drains. Bad news; There's a "belly" in the pipe, so the, er, solids, settle half-away along the run,...
35
35

OT: Wax Moths
Having not noticed any bumble bee activity from the remaining part of rotten decking I'd had to put a halt to removing a while back I re-commenced the removal and found where I'd expected to find an...

Need a sash lock for a Crittall patio door - any locksmiths around?
I need to replace the 1930s sash locks in a couple of Crittall patio doors, but I can't find anything suitable. Can anyone help? The lock slides into a metal pocket so needs to be no more than 16mm...
5
5

Bathroom floor options
Just contemplating alternative for a bathroom floor covering... was originally considering traditional tiling of some form, with some over mats for safety / comfort where needed, but thought I would...
20
20

Human powered flight (lazy Jethro :) )
Catching up on iPlayer suggestions, and I happened to watch the fascinating "Invented in the north" programme it briefly touched on the idea of human powered flight, which jogged my memory about a few...
22
22

OT Changing broadband supplier
I'm currently with BT and feel I perhaps pay more than I have to. I also want to move to fibre so this is an ideal time to look into this. This is for landline and broadband only. BT have a number of...
39
39

TV Signal
I have a cheap Tevion TV in the kitchen. The signal strength is not great. Poor reception area and possible downlead damage. I find that pressing the coax can bring back the picture - I wonder if the...
15
15

Titan angle grinder gearbox failure - spare parts?
My Titan 9" grinder has died after very little use - the motor works but something in the gearbox has failed so the disk isn't driven. Probably a forlorn hope, but is it possible to get spares...
2
2

OT: even more effing hilarious..
...than a block of flats catching fire because eco cladding was applied. is a block of flats catching fire because.... "A fire has swept through a new block of flats in east London with a witness...
2
2