Need a sash lock for a Crittall patio door - any locksmiths around?

I need to replace the 1930s sash locks in a couple of Crittall patio doors, but I can't find anything suitable. Can anyone help?

The lock slides into a metal pocket so needs to be no more than 16mm thick by 102mm high. Setback is 67mm.

If I could find a euro lock case I'd be happy to cut a suitable opening in the door for the lock barrel but the setback needs to be right (or close) because I can't move the handles.

Reply to
nomail

why can't you repair them? I don't know the details of the problem, but can fairly say that in most cases it's easier to repair.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

... because the originals only have 2 levers and I would prefer 4 or 5 lever locks to get some worthwhile security. I've got additional security bolts but that means more keys and I'd prefer to have one decent lock.

Reply to
nomail

Five lever locks are normally thicker, as the levers have a finite thickness. However, even if you take the gubbins out of a 5 lever lock and somehow get it into the old case, it won't meet the relevant BS. So, it may not be sufficient for insurance purposes.

Reply to
GB

More misinformation. You don't need a BS 5 lever to get valid insurance. You just need to not lie about what you have.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Correct, which is why I said *may* not be sufficient ...

It depends on the policy and/or some insurers give a discount for BS

Reply to
GB