Sash lock help

I've had to buy a new euro sash lock for my front door but the latch was facing the wrong way. Unfortunately as I opened the lock up all the bits sprabg out and I can't figure out how they all fit back in - this should have been a Krypton factor puzzle !!

A bit of a wild shot I know but has anyone got a link to a website that has an exploded view or picture of the inner workings of sash locks that I could use to reassemble the thing

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Sash lock? I can't quite picture it.

If it's a 5 lever mortice type you mean and have lost the order of the setting of the levers then you'd best buy another and be a little more careful next time. Get the nice man behind the counter to change the handing for you.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Sash lock =

the lock mail order as couldn't find one in stock locally, it's a narrow type which isn't too common apparently !

Reply to
Jim

The good news:

You can get them anywhere. Try a larger B&Q or a good buiders merchants.

and:

If you keep fiddling with it you should get it all back together again with not too much of a problem. (By the time the shops open tomorrow, at least.)

The bad news goes:

Most modern lock designs come with the ability to change the handing without dismantling anything. You just undo a grub screw pull the closer out and turn it around.

Some more good news: The cartidges will fit any of those designs so if you give up and go and get a new one, you only need to fork out a fiver or so.

Have a look in the Screwfix site.

Good luck.

Reply to
Michael McNeil