Subject Author Posted Replies

Trailer. Hub or stud centric wheels?
Hi all, I have been given an old dinghy trailer (with a dinghy on it I'm about to give away ) and before I move it from it's current location I felt I should check the running gear. It was obvious the...
15
15

58w utility room tube
I recently sought opinion on what I should do about the 5 foot 58w T8 magnetic ballast type fitting in my utility room. The problem was that it was switched by an occupancy switch (PIR), to allow...
28
28

Plugging concrete blocks.
Hi, I have a little shelving project where I intend to use a large number of those London shelf brackets along with Contiboard or whatever is supplied these days. My problem is uncertainty in drilling...
15
15

Crazy floating shelf
I was asked to fit a set of three floating shelves someone had bought Very peculiar fitting which seem to have a small expanding metal bit that g oes in the hole in the wall then you screw a threaded...
4
4

Resetting service warning lights
If I go to a Volvo main dealer they'll take me to the cleaners for this I would imagine, based on previous experiences, so I'm determined to do this myself if it's at all possible! Has anyone ever had...
202
202

CO detectors - I really like this one
A heads up for anyone considering buying one, especially landlords. I recently fitted an AICO Ei208 at the Scout Hut and I am so impressed with it that I am going to give it a free advert. It has...
8
8

More electrical bad work
Sorry Brian it is a photo, I'll talk you through it later when I have more time. It would have been easier and faster to to the job right in the first place. I now have to check all the fittings. BTW...
25
25

Repairing a Stone Post
A while ago the stone post at the end of mt wall was knocked down by a delivery vehicle (it was done whilst we were out and nobody saw who it was). The post is in 3 pieces of stone (probably dates...
4
4

Stove burner not lighting despite spark ?
Having just cleaned the hob (soapy water galore) and put everything back, there is *one* burner which - despite there being a clear spark at the ignition pillar - just will not light. Put a flame near...
19
19

Damp Proofing Garage Floor
I have a garage which is attached to the main house, this is being used as a utility room/storage. Recently I noticed hard black ball shapes coming from the carpet, I looked into this and formed the...
15
15

NEFF OVEN B47CR32NOB
My new NEFF Oven language has changed back to German and the clock has moved forward by 30 minutes.. I have tried to chang it but just can't seem to. Please could you help?
5
5

Tap filter for 15 year old kitchen tap
I tried a 24mm one from my bathroom. It wouldn't fit. I bought a 22mm one and that was too small. Today at a plumbing store (that didn't stock them) I was told there are various types by different...
2
2

Trim strip matching showerwall
Anyone discovered a source for glue on matching strip for *bushboard* plastic shower wall? Easy to get for worktop edging but not yet found for showers:-( I have a partition between the bath and the...
2
2

Builders and electrics PT2
OK so they removed a door chime to plaster a wall. No big deal, however they did not know that it was powered by a mains powered transformer that was under insulation. No attempt was made to isolate...
78
78

Pond water filter ideas wanted
I have a small pond, no fish but frogs/tadpoles and other tiny creatures. Today I just took delivery of a solar powered filter/foundtain In good sunlight I get a spray over 1ft high but the filter is...
14
14