Subject Author Posted Replies

13 amp plug power meter - any recommendations?
I'm finally getting around to thinking about replacing a plasma TV (not full HD, only SD tuner) if it is too power hungry. To do that I need to estimate the power drain over 24 hours (or even a week)...
55
55

Dismantling thermostatic mixer cartridge
The temperature control of our bar mixer tap/shower became very stiff (almo st unturnable) so I removed it today and free it up with a pipe wrench. Whi lst it's a lot better I really want to find out...
5
5

Protecting outdoor bolts
Hi All I am restoring a bench where all the metal fixings had rusted. Some joints have large barrel nuts and bolts and others bolts and inset nuts. I was thinking of putting something on them before...
17
17

Quick Quiz - Remote diagnosis.
Gotta love trying to diagnose problems by e-mail. Fortunately a video came through earlier. Fault reported - Both machines are faulty and no longer work. After suggesting plugging a vacuum into the...

3D Printer Recommendation?
Having just read an interesting "What I did with my 3D printer" thread, I wondered which 3D printers DIYers used, and why. A quick look online seems to show printers in the £200-£400 range so there...
42
42

Bathroom wiring 1 last bit
Hi all I am now at the final stage of sorting my bathroom out. A number of you he lped me with my wiring questions thanks - $20wiring/uk.d-i-y/jpmoXo198GI I have a switched fused (13a) spur in a...
8
8

All I wanted was an overdraft...
Have a large bill to pay towards the end of this month (new car) and not quite enough liquid funds to cover it. Depending on exactly when I have to pay it and when my monthly income arrives. So to...
70
70

Isaac Newton
Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. For an educational display I want to make a demonstration aparatus. I was thinking of a platform to stand on - and a...
56
56

Looking for 2 part superglue
I'm trying to buy 2 part superglue and it's very hard to find. What keywords should I use? The only result I got on Ebay (by chance) was some "AB glue" from China. I seem to have better results with...
36
36

Any dehumidifier gurus out there?
I've got a dehumidifier, a few years old now. Recently I've been getting the 'defrost' warning light on all the time, supposedly indicating that either the ambient tempoerature is too low (it isn't)...
19
19

diy
"Music video by ""Weird Al"" Yankovic performing Handy. (C) 2014 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment" #WeirdAlYankovic #Handy #Vevo "Music video by ""Weird Al"" Yankovic performing...

TSB online banking still down
It was supposed to be offline Friday through to Sunday evening for upgrade, but they seem to have hit unexpected problems. It is still not available and they seem unable to predict when it might be...
36
36

Electric SDS breaker drill
Hi All. I'm after a big SDS breaker for occasional concrete breaking. Probable infr equent use means that it is not really worth the expense of buying a premiu m machine (Bosch, Makita etc.). I am...
18
18

Removing / Installing Fluorescent Starters
I have MANY twin 6 foot fluorescent fittings in my workshop (72 I think) and changing the starters is a pain - they don't stick out enough to grip, and you have to reach round the tubes to get at...
35
35

Doorbell upgrade
I have a wired doorbell with two chimes wired in parallel and I am thinking of replacing the bell press with a Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Being designed in the US, this runs at enable it to be installed...
11
11