Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. For dopey remainers to read.
Brexit – The consequences - Independence Daily Brexit – The consequences - Independence Daily
1
1

Old wiring
Just getting round to replacing the third wall light fitting (see "Screw/wallplug size" post a couple of days ago). I now have that "I wish I'd never started" feeling... The old metal-cased picture...
18
18

SpamCop DOES Work!
I used to report a lot of spam to SpamCop until now started altering the headers in same way so that SpamCop can no longer process any mail received from them. However, as their spam filtering vastly...
1
1

windows 10 strange behaviour
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate. The computer was playing the last utube video I had...
7
7

OT Why Remainers a thick and bigoted
These past few weeks I’ve been trying to make sense of why it is our country is so divided. Why don’t Brexiteers and Remainers understand one another? You could write a book on this of course, but...
5
5

Router bit - name?
I recently noticed some plinths made out of four pieces of 15 or 18 mm MDF, about 300 x 900. Plus an end piece 300 x 300. So they formed a box 900 high and 300 x 300 in cross section. I didn't take...
4
4

TP-LINK dongle
Trying to use a TP-Link Wi-Fi USB dongle with a Win7 desktop that doesn't have Wi-Fi. Software shows all my neighbour's signals - but not either of mine. Phone beside the PC shows excellent strength....
18
18

John Rumm - VCR 470F
Hi John, I have managed to sort it all out at last :-) I have numerous times powered the whole system down (including the boiler) whilst working on it and trying to sort it out and the boiler would...
9
9

OT - Gridwatch and renewables snark again
has brought this to us : Flame valve ???? Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access.
44
44

More bathroom mirrors
Anyone had the misfortune to purchase a Sensio Kai IP44 LED mirror? (Toolstation) I don't doubt the IP44 bit but the infra red sensor used as an on/off device is crap! Works fine if you happen to have...
4
4

Battery for Bosch cordless drill
I have a Bosch (blue) GSR12-2 cordless drill that I bought with a mains SDS drill on sale from Screwfix in 2009. (IIRC, someone here pointed the sale out to me. Thanks, whoever!) The drills are still...
8
8

Intel NUC Front panel connector (2mm pitch)
Does anyone know where I can get some cable assemblies made up for a Intel NUC front panel connector (9 way, 2 * 5 with one connector blacked off for polarisation). The PIN header on the NUC is 2mm...
6
6

USB power supply.
Since I'm doing a bit of modification to my AV installation, I'm wondering if such a thing exists. I have several 5v devices (things like a toslink to analogue converter, a couple of SCART to HDMI,...
15
15

Single handed Building
A couple of houses are being built just up the road from me so we dive past quite often. We play the game "Can we see a builder not using his phone" (such an exciting life we lead) Usually there are...
11
11

How secure was / is email
Hi All, I always believed that in the olden day?s (10-20 years ago). email travelling across the internet Was unencrypted and insecure. Recently a couple of people have suggested to me that these days...
20
20