Intel NUC Front panel connector (2mm pitch)

Does anyone know where I can get some cable assemblies made up for a Intel NUC front panel connector (9 way, 2 * 5 with one connector blacked off for polarisation).

The PIN header on the NUC is 2mm pitch and not 2.54mm, Harwin, Molex (M22 series) etc do crimp connectors to suit it would appear, and I can buy the connector housings and crimps without issue, however I don't have a crimp tool for these crimps.

Looking to source someone who can make me up 20 sets of connectors (only 4 wires needed per connector, 250mm length).

Some further details of the NUC front panel connector:

Thanks

Reply to
colin.tanner

RS have one £325 though, maybe rapid electronics do a cheaper version.

We had a similar problem with wanting to make up protoboard leads but it was cheaper buying them in than spending £200 on a crimp tool and handing it out to students to break or loose.

Reply to
whisky-dave

For just making up 20 connectors, the purchase of a £325 crimp tool does not make economic sense. This is a one off requirement, so I would be unlikely to use the tool again.

Therefore looking for someone who has the tool and could make up the connectors for me, or can just crimp the 80 wires and I can assemble the connectors. I am sure it would take only a hour (or so) effort, and we could agree a fee to make it worthwhile.

Thanks

Reply to
colin.tanner

I regularly make up cable assemblies using the 2.54mm versions of these. I don't have a crimp tool either - I solder the wires to the crimp terminals. (You also have to fold over the crimps with pliers, or you can't push them into the housing.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have about 4 crimp tools for doing those connectors as they are only about £20 each rather than £300+ for the 2mm versions. If you're good at soldering perhaps it's possible, but usually you'll find the solder stops the pins engaging properly.

But with a good iron and some for of magnification it might be possible.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I have now found a US company that do a pre-wired assembly that includes the 2mm connector I need. The other end it wrong but I can cut that off.

Odd that I cannot find anyone in the UK

Thanks

Reply to
colin.tanner

I solder them. I tend to assume that even with the right tool crimps are going to be unreliable until I have practiced on a few dozen of them. Which is more than I do in a year.

Reply to
Roger Hayter