Subject Author Posted Replies

aluminium dirtying hands
A garden pick up tool I have is made from Al. tube. Of late it has started to leave my hands black. I suppose the anodising has failed? Any easy solution ?
18
18

Lidl sugar free sweets and divorce
Lidle sugar free sweets are notorious for causing flatulence. SWMBO has issued an ultimatum. Me or the sweets. One of them has to go
12
12

Mistake!
I tried installing Avast on W7pro 32bit. Now I'm struggling to uninstall it:-(
19
19

Shallow tale
about internet failing when a TV is turned on. Any explanations? Alun and Elaine Rees made headlines this week after causing an 18-month internet outage in their village Alun and Elaine Rees made...
44
44

OT well done the wee bint
well done wee Nicola on Piers Morgan this morning ...
5
5

Ideas wanted for a replacement fuel tank
The fuel tank on my 5.5HP Tecumseh-engined MTD chipper/shredder has started to crack and my attempts at welding haven't solved the problem - I think the plastic has just reached the end of its life....
15
15

diy Pampus grass
Just noticed today after three or so years after planting it the creamy white feathery plumes are starting to grow out of the pampus grass in the front garden....woo hoo
27
27

OT but relevant.
Anyone come across a bulk source for packet soup? Toast, cup of soup (oxtail is good Tim and shows they use all the animal), banana and a slice of whatever cake I find in the tin makes an easy d-i-y...
33
33

OT cute
4
4

Mobility scoter power measurements.
Mum took the mobility scooter (that I have been working on for a while) out for a run today and with riding it to hers and back turns out to be 7 miles. From just before we left and as soon as we got...
14
14

Pans
I have some (relatively cheap) stainless steel saucepans that have a separate "skin" in contact with the hob that is attached to the base of the main deep pressed stainless steel body by what appears...
13
13

Workshop air quality indicators
Has anyone tried one of the gizmos that purport to give an indication of air quality (i.e. particulates / VoC etc)? I thought it might be quite handy to see how effective dust collection is etc, or...
1
1

TOT: mugs
We were having a debate at the weekend about the manufacturing process for mugs. Is the handle added to the body or is it possible to mould the mug and handle as a single unit? If it is a two part...
32
32

Ball bearing advice needed
I need to replace the bearing races on the mower's grass-collector brush bar. The mower manufacturer specifies 6203 ZZ bearings (with metal shields both sides) but I'm wondering whether those with...
6
6

Amazons Delivery preferences ignored by driver
Normally they are fine, they read the info where it says leave in the porch, its open, and do so. However yesterday, the person rings my bell, I was about 20 seconds getting to the door, he was gone,...
29
29