Lidl sugar free sweets and divorce

Lidle sugar free sweets are notorious for causing flatulence. SWMBO has issued an ultimatum. Me or the sweets. One of them has to go

Reply to
fred

I thought sorbitol/xylitol had a laxative effect, not flatulance?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The siren sounds before the bombs drop.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

sorbitol is not your friend...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

The Spanish sugar-free digestives in Sainsburys don't seem to cause the windy problem, not for me anyway.

Reply to
Andrew

Not necessarily.

Something might have to go, but it doesn't have to be you or the sweets.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

they & other sugar alcohols cause both. They feed bugs in the small intenstine, which can lead in time to SIBO & IBS. Not what I would call healthy foods.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Hmm, well might not be just the sweets. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Methinks this is blown out of all proportion as the farts would be sweet smelling.....

Hope you get to the bottom of it as to why sweeets cause flatulence...

Reply to
No Name

I'm sick of the huge price increase by dropping the pack size from 400 to 300 grams, while keeping the price at £1

Reply to
Andrew

try these healthy sweets instead -

Andrew

Marks and Spencer sell the same sweets at a much inflated price

Reply to
fred