Subject Author Posted Replies

Glue gun or epoxy glue for temporary basin repair?
As a temporary measure I wish to glue a broken basin back to-gether. Should I use an epoxy glue or buy a glue gun?
17
17

OT: Heated jackets
Gentlemen, My ex bird reckons she's got this jacket that's heated inside. You charge it up from a normal USB phone charger for 5 minutes and it's good for 6 hours. I told her to FRO and no such thing...
25
25

Hot Glue Guns
Gentlemen, What can these things do that regular gluing techniques can't? Just curious.... CD
20
20

OT: Thoughtful opinion on the EU..
"Written by Philip Cunliffe" "In much media coverage of Brexit Britain is cast as perfidious and deluded, and the EU as moderate and pragmatic. Britain?s post-Brexit future is seen as dim. But a...
8
8

Smoke alarm advice
The Scottish Government has introduced legislation requiring smoke and heat alarms to be interlinked: I see it, this can either be done by hard wiring or wireless connection. Leaving aside cost and...
15
15

Failed Honeywell Motorised CH Valve
One of our zone valves has failed in that the spring on the little lever has broken, or possibly come adrift. The lever moves across without any resistance in either direction with the result that,...
20
20

Good portable emergency light?
I popped past Mums earlier and she's given me a couple of old torches to look at because she has seen mention of power cuts and 'she tried all the torches and none of them worked'. So, whilst I'm sure...
98
98

Burst water main - how is water emptied out of a gas main?
My parents were one of the 400-odd houses which lost their gas supply near Aylesbury when a water main burst (which quite an explosion, from witness reports) and fractured an adjacent gas main,...
13
13

PVA on outdoor wood
Can you seal outdoor wood by painting on waterproof PVA? I am thinking say if you had the roof of a bird table or chicken coop would it be a good plan to glue the wooden bits together and seal over...
2
2

Painting a garage door
A quick question for the experts: I want to paint a steel garage door. Most of the old paint is intact but some is not. I have given it a fairly heavy rub down (power tool and wire brush). I have a...
15
15

Repairing a tile
We have a tile at the entrance door to the common stairwell that has been damaged by repeated contact with the hook used to hold the door open. It is a semi-circular abrasion of the glaze. The tile...
11
11

NOT MY JOB
Remember to like, comment and subscribe! Facebook - onthetools TikTok - onthetoolstv Twitter - @onthetoolstv Instagram - onthetoolstv Snapchat - onthetools Remember to like, comment and subscribe!...

ABC
Remember to like, comment and subscribe! Facebook - onthetools TikTok - onthetoolstv Twitter - @onthetoolstv Instagram - onthetoolstv Snapchat - onthetools

Breakthrough - superconductor
New superconductor found, works at room temperature. Most important discovery of the decade? A compound of hydrogen, carbon and sulfur has broken a symbolic barrier — but its high pressure...
69
69

Hoovers for workshop dust extraction
In my shed I have a basic, noisy 1500w Screwfix table saw. When I use it I connect a 1000w wet and dry vacuum cleaner to the underneath extractor outlet and an old 1000W henry type hoover to the...
15
15