PVA on outdoor wood

Can you seal outdoor wood by painting on waterproof PVA? I am thinking say if you had the roof of a bird table or chicken coop would it be a good plan to glue the wooden bits together and seal over the whole roof to make it watertight. It's quite flexible I believe

Reply to
TimW

You can try but it won't stand up to being wet for very long and any cracks it develops from UV damage will mean that it traps water in the wood. It might be better to seal the wood with linseed oil or similar.

Double coat on the end grain edges or dip to let it really soak in.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I have used slightly diluted waterproof carpenters' glue (Gorilla) but only small areas. It needed diluting to make it usable with a small brush.

Reply to
PeterC