Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Costa customers and reading?
Out dog walking earlier and *every* very distinctive / red dog waste bin was overflowing with Costa cups and nearly all of them with their lids on (so not even 'stacked'). Now, given that it says...
52
52

OT: Plastic bags
Anyone knows where can I get a few hundred bags of the type you find in the fruit & veg aisle? i.e. very thin material, pretty much one-use only, ideally with tie handle, but not a show stopper if...
3
3

The Xmas Official Charts
And currently at number five, is "Boris Jo...." Well played.
1
1

Mobile phone
I am not a phone geek. My first and only smart phone is a Doogee x5 Max which cost less than £80 a few years ago. It is absolutely fine, but it is Android 6 and I feel I need a newer version for...
31
31

Li-ion batteries in drill/driver
Happy Christmas all! I've been given a Bosch GSB120-Li drill/driver as a pressie for Christmas with two 12v 1.5Ah Li-ion batteries. This is the first Li-ion battery tool I have had and have previously...
11
11

Anyone used glue that hardens via UV light such as Bondic?
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?
4
4

No more DIY in the near of Scotland...woo hoo
THE SCOTTISH Government has changed the rules over essential retail under Level 4.
3
3

Flueless gas fires
I have had three flueless gas fires, you know the type with cats and have never had a problem getting a gas safe enginer to fit them....anyway a friend has had three recent knock backs with regard to...
5
5

Anyone used Gibbs and Dandy?
Has anyone any experiences with Gibbs and Dandy builders' merchants? They're part of the Saint Gobain empire, although seemingly different from Jewson (also owned by S-G). As usual for BM's, they...
12
12

Crackers?
No, not the trolls, nut crackers of some sort that can actually crack say an almond shell without risk of: You breaking the crackers (done that twice now so it's not down to the effort you can (or...
64
64

Santa
I got a software update to my Samsung tv that seems to have made it worse at connecting to wifi and occasionally results in the talking features being half turned off, I do sometimes worry about the...
24
24

Facebook question
Does anyone know how to find the starting date for a Facebook group if you're the admin? Bill
4
4

cool item
Does it make Radio 3 sound any better ? The left and right direction of the rotating roller can be adjusted to make the workpiece or retreat and then grind. PGA hand-cranked grinder, used with a...
4
4

Top Quality Bathroom Fittings
Hi all I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog. The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is...
6
6

Car Charging
Realisticallty - if it was a new norm - what additional cost would it be for new builds to have a 3 phase supply brought to the meter enclosure for possible use for a car charger?
21
21