Santa

Well what did you all get from Santa...I got nothing

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

That because you were always a very bad boy.

I did get hamper from the Presbyterian Church delivered by the minister himself, and he knew my name.

Dunno how that happened.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I got a software update to my Samsung tv that seems to have made it worse at connecting to wifi and occasionally results in the talking features being half turned off, I do sometimes worry about the testing of new software updates. I mean as more and more devices are now connected to the internet and run on software, you cannot rely on anything since the quality control and testing seems to be not there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Chocolate, gloves, biscuits, tea, USB pig face nightlight, George Forman grill.

And that's made me realised I haven't opened my present to myself yet.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I'm glad my Sony "smart" TV no longer has an Internet connection. I was always anxious that it would be "bricked" (or rather "slabbed") after flashing LEDs of different colours. No noticeable effect in any case.

Reply to
Max Demian

The only thing I ever connect to is my media server. The user interface to hit the internet is so dire as to be unusable,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I got a coat.

Lou got a new cooker.

Reply to
ARW

You wrapped the cooker and put it under the tree?

And then as soon it was unwrapped, you wired it in and then Lou cooked your christmas dinner on it?

Reply to
No Name

Lou wired it in last week when I was at work.

Reply to
ARW

But.. but, this is kitchen work and subject to part P!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Kitchens have niot been a special location since the deregulation package came into force in 2013

Reply to
Robin

And she did a very good job of it. Wiring it in I mean - not cooking Christmas dinner.

Reply to
ARW

So you did a full EICR then on the completed works then :-)

Reply to
No Name

Well I told her the turkey was crap.

Reply to
ARW

Well, she can't be good at everything.

It's being greedy to expect a woman who can do wiring, sex and cooking.

If you're lucky you get cooking and everything else is DIY.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

perhaps it was a tofurkey instead? :-)

Reply to
No Name

A razor sharp knife and lot of alcohol.

What could possibly go wrong?

Andy

Reply to
andyW

I got a very tasty Chinese off Grindr. Terribly sweet but not very filling.

Reply to
gareth evans

Food none of which I like. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Nothing as yet (by agreement). But something is supposed to be arriving on 29th. No idea what it might be.

Reply to
JNugent