Top Quality Bathroom Fittings

Hi all

I am looking to replace a liquid soap dispenser in a downstairs bog. The current item was from Miller Bathroom Accessories Metro range I think. The problem I have found with the one we have is that the wall mount bracket(s) keep failing. I have replaced it at least 3 times and this is not the result of rough use. This is over a 10 year plus period but still disappointing.

Now the dispensing nozzle has corroded, so I am looking for something stylish but more robust. Not too concerned about price providing the longevity is there.

Any suggestions people?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

We buy those Baylis & Harding Antibacterial Handwash bottles from the supermarket. Get a fresh nozzle each time. Never been a problem and doesn't look like a public loo.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Thanks Andy

I tend to aim for the luxury hotel look rather than the public loo, but you made me laugh just the same.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Thats the sort of thing I generally buy in Homebase, as they do cheap and reasonably sturdy so if it fails its not a pain in the wallet

As the next step up is usually effin expensive oh so modern over styled by an art student s**te.

e.g.

The Natural Philosopher

Quite, we use "ordinary" Carex, buy 5l at a time from Costco (last lot £1.44/l inc VAT, but that was two years ago). Just wash and top up the 0.5 l all plastic, apart from the spring, pump action bottles bought from the supermarket. Though I see 500 ml bottles seem a bit rare these days, 250 ml at around £4.00/l is the common size. Last ages don't corrode, fall of the wall, etc...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I get the 5L refills from Amazon, including the bloody great handpump to transfet to the Carex dispensers, although it doesn't reach the very bottom of the blue gunge in the 5L container.

But, have you ever tried to rinse out one of the 5L containers for future use? A never-ending flow of soap suds! :-(

Reply to
gareth evans

I've had one of those in the shower for a few years. Knocked it off its holder once, but glued back together fine, and overall no complaints, and much better than bars of soap and multiple bottles. Not the last word in solid engineering or good looks though IMHO

Reply to
RJH