Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: nutool 850W Rotary Hammer - any good
I have one. Ok for a while then one of the intermediate casting shattered.. So it is F----d

Regulating chain-blade oil feed on battery chainsaw
I've noticed that our Black and Decker battery-powered chainsaw seems to drink blade-lubricating oil. A tankful (about 50 ml at a very rough guess) seems to last only a minute or so of operation, with...
7
7

merge point rule
Two lanes merging into one. Arrows clearly define which lane merges into which. At the merge point who has the right of way ? I only ask because in certain parts of the country if a lane is closing...
44
44

small potentiomenter with switch
Does anyone know where I can buy those old school type small potentiomenter with switch you know the ones like they had on the first hand held radios in the 60s-70s and on walkmans and stuff just a...
23
23

Time for re-design?
Pet hate is the back box for sockets and switches. The way of cramming in the cables is crude. Especially as if you change a fitting the termianls can be in a different configuration. I would like to...
19
19

G9 Bulbs
Last chance or back to halogens: Has anyone got any recommendations for G9 LED Dimmable?
2
2

What's happening here? Ping
I'm supposed to be pinging 224, but it shows it pinging 183 which is unreachable, yet then reports stats for 224. C:UsersHarry>ping 10.131.97.224 Pinging 10.131.97.224 with 32 bytes of data: Reply...
15
15

Royal Mail insanity
Our postie dropped off a card stating that they had an item to deliver, but it was £1.50 short on postage. I could use any one of various methods of payment, but since I have no plans to visit the...
10
10

Couple of quick electrical questions - lubrication and disposal
Firstly disposal. I have some memory that if you were to chuck away an electrical appliance you should first cut the plug off. However a cut off moulded plug itself seems dodgy as it could be plugged...
36
36

OT(ish) - self destructing plastic carrier bags
Monday grumble. I've dug out yet another stash of stuff (cable ties this time) and the plastic carrier bag is self destructing as do most bags of a certain age. I can understand that this was seen as...
9
9

MS Office updates fail
Using Win10; 64 bit. I have started getting repeated messages saying that my automatic Office updates have failed. It's getting annoying. I have several folders with Office-related stuff in them, some...
7
7

Moss algae killer
Previously used all sorts to kill moss & algae on back garden paving slabs a couple of times a year. Now wife has got a small terrier puppy so need to be careful what I uae. Any recommendations for...
30
30

Trailer Relay
Back in the dark ages I had a Rover 214 with a tow bar. But it didn?t have an indicator to show when you had a trailer attached. It was possible to buy a replacement indicator relay which had an extra...
15
15

Faulty Thermostat or faulty installation
Next door neighbour has just had their HW tank replaced under maintenance contract by BG. The old tank was copper but I think the new one is SS - it is certainly very flat topped (still open vented)....
16
16

G9 LED
We have a central ceiling light fitting with 5 x G9 lampholders. I have had 40watt halogen G9s in but want to change to LED. The first set (5watt)I got didn't like the dimmer so I bought a Trailing...
6
6